• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Levels Economics MCQ Doubts

Reaction score
well this is one of the most trickiest questions i've come across but there's something in eco MCQ that you should know is that you must ALWAYS follow the definitions...so over here as unemployment rises this can also mean tht the resources available for the economy is not being used to produce goods (no labor is working to tourn those resources into goods) meaning that there is an inefficient use of resources

Reaction score
well this is one of the most trickiest questions i've come across but there's something in eco MCQ that you should know is that you must ALWAYS follow the definitions...so over here as unemployment rises this can also mean tht the resources available for the economy is not being used to produce goods (no labor is working to tourn those resources into goods) meaning that there is an inefficient use of resources
But isnt it possible that as the unemployment rate rises its immediate effect will be fall in number of people who are employed?

Last edited:
Reaction score
i understand 0% of this question so if someone could help me that be great
View attachment 48862
I guess B.
A rise in value means appreciation which will raise export prices and lower import prices.
Therefore, exports volume will fall so B.
As import prices are rising, so C also not possible.
D is also not possible as the country's citizens would import more and demand for domestic goods will go down that will lower the price of domestic goods.

Reaction score
yep, and as for your doubt...yes that can be a possible answer...but through experience of doing the same kinds of questions i kinda noticed that if you get a super EASY question with the answer in plain sight.....you still gotta read carefully and choose the most "economically defined" answer...lol...it's messed up i know...but these kinda question are rare sometimes