• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Subjects help!

Reaction score
of course i gave both maths from edexcel. I talked to british council about my subjects before and they said if i wanted to sit for edexcel f.maths then first i have to finish edexcel maths.So last october i sat for cie phy,chem and bio and this may i sat for edexcel maths and f.maths. I heard some of your classmates were planning to take edexcel further maths, and i was confused about how they got permission to take f.maths without taking the maths.:confused:
Yah um planning to take 7 subjects, but um not sure yet.Next may i will finish my A2, and then in october um thinking of taking two more subjects from CIE.
if u don't have any teacher for cie f.maths, try solving them yourself!If you face any problem, talk to your math teacher. They might be inexperienced and never taught the subject before, but that doesn't mean that they won't be able to solve the problems.Right?:confused:And if you have so much problems with f.maths then why do u want to take it?There are other subjects like economics,commerce, business studies and accounting. I'm sure there are lots of teachers for these subjects!:)
Without Fmath it will be very difficult for me to get into top UK universities with a scholarship. So I have to take Fmath! Tachara, I like maths and I am eager to take up the challenge! You are completing your A levels in 2.5 years, right? I hope you know what you are doing coz some universities only accept A levels which are given within 2 years. Btw what are your O levels and AS grades?

Reaction score
Without Fmath it will be very difficult for me to get into top UK universities with a scholarship. So I have to take Fmath! Tachara, I like maths and I am eager to take up the challenge! You are completing your A levels in 2.5 years, right? I hope you know what you are doing coz some universities only accept A levels which are given within 2 years. Btw what are your O levels and AS grades?

7A and 1 A* in O'level and 3 A's in AS.It's hard to get into top universities of UK with a scholarship just doing good in O'level and A'level. I won't apply for UK.I'll go for USA, Australia or Germany. In UK to get a 100% scholarship you need to do something big in your EC. For example, Samin Riasat. Do you know him?He got a bronze in IMO and now he's in cambridge with a 100% scholarship.Scholarships in UK is very rare, and don't you think there are other students with more than 9A* in o'level and 7A* in A'level?There are people who scored full marks in all the subject and people with good EC.I'm not telling you that you won't get it. I'm telling you that it's very rare!But you can try.How can you get in if you don't even try!In USA I don't think they give a damn to A'level and O'level.:confused:Cause Tarik Adnan Moon or Nazia Chowdhury didn't have any A'level Cerificate!You just have to show them what you got in yourself!

Reaction score
7A and 1 A* in O'level and 3 A's in AS.It's hard to get into top universities of UK with a scholarship just doing good in O'level and A'level. I won't apply for UK.I'll go for USA, Australia or Germany. In UK to get a 100% scholarship you need to do something big in your EC. For example, Samin Riasat. Do you know him?He got a bronze in IMO and now he's in cambridge with a 100% scholarship.Scholarships in UK is very rare, and don't you think there are other students with more than 9A* in o'level and 7A* in A'level?There are people who scored full marks in all the subject and people with good EC.I'm not telling you that you won't get it. I'm telling you that it's very rare!But you can try.How can you get in if you don't even try!In USA I don't think they give a damn to A'level and O'level.:confused:Cause Tarik Adnan Moon or Nazia Chowdhury didn't have any A'level Cerificate!You just have to show them what you got in yourself!
Oxford and Cambridge are nt the only universities in UK. UCL, LSE and Bristol are top universities - they provide scholarships which cover 50% of your total expenses (including tuition fees and living costs). My parents can afford the rest, so I need a 50% scholarship which is nt that rare. About Oxford and Cambridge, let me tell you one thing, there are people who got into Oxford and Cambridge with 3 As because they aced the interviews and admission test and there are people who got rejected with 6 A stars. No one really knows the exact criteria upon which they accept students. 7 A stars or 5 world highests can't guarantee you a place at Oxford or Cambridge if you don't ace interview. So it requires luck to get in.......... No one knows what they are upto. If you have decent A level and O level grades, and you can ace interviews and admission tests, you can get in even with 3 A grades in A levels!