• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Subjects help!

Reaction score
Hi. I'm doing my A levels and this june i sat for 5 subjects. I'm planning to take two more subjects in which i can easily score an A. My 5 subjects are physics,maths,futher maths,biology and chemistry.I wanted to take computing, but as i am a private candidate its not available for me. I had economics in my o level, but i did not like it that much. So economics is also a no for me! I'm interested in geography, but i'm scared that its only about memorizing:confused: , and memorizing is not my thing either. (Please tell me if i'm wrong about geography. ) So except computing and economics if there's any other subjects i can easily score an A, please help me to choose the two subjects.
Thank you!:)

Reaction score
Thanks, but ahhh i hate accounting!!!A teacher, during my o level, messed up my basic ideas about accounting.Then I thought accounting was not made for me.:pBut any way, thanks!:)Do you have any idea about Thinking Skills?It seems really easy to me!:confused:

Reaction score
Thanks, but ahhh i hate accounting!!!A teacher, during my o level, messed up my basic ideas about accounting.Then I thought accounting was not made for me.:pBut any way, thanks!:)Do you have any idea about Thinking Skills?It seems really easy to me!:confused:
Thinking Skills is easy but I heard it's not given credit by top universities. Moreover you won't find any teacher for this subject in Ctg. Ict is a good option but again there is the teacher prob, Ict'r teacher ase Ctg te? Let me know coz um also planning to take this subject

Reaction score
Cambridge.Um i don know about teachers...age subject khuji then teachers!Do you have any idea about cambridge geography?Is it really hard?

Reaction score
Cambridge.Um i don know about teachers...age subject khuji then teachers!Do you have any idea about cambridge geography?Is it really hard?
You can take Computing if you apply from DUX. Taka dile ora apply korte dibe. Geography is a "mukhosto" marka subject r atar kono teachero nai. A levelse subject toh onek but in Ctg there is no resource for these uncommon subjects like geography, Ict and thinking skills...... I would suggest you take computing (teacher and boi shob ase) and general paper (atar teacher lagbena - Englishe bhalo hole porao lagbena) :)

Reaction score
Computing er teachers k ache?Can you please give me the name of the teachers and list of the books?I know programming in python. Project ta python e korte parbo na?
Hey computing is really easy!:DIt's kind of like O'level.:confused:
What do you think about subjects in edexcel. I heard they are easier than Cambridge. Applied ICT Edexcel theke dile valo na?I can easily score an A, and you can easily score an A*!;)

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna take Geography from edexcel and computing from cambridge. I know there's no teacher for geography in ctg, but my dad is really good in geography, and i really like geography!So it won't be a big deal for me!:)

Reaction score
Computing er teachers k ache?Can you please give me the name of the teachers and list of the books?I know programming in python. Project ta python e korte parbo na?
Hey computing is really easy!:DIt's kind of like O'level.:confused:
What do you think about subjects in edexcel. I heard they are easier than Cambridge. Applied ICT Edexcel theke dile valo na?I can easily score an A, and you can easily score an A*!;)
For Computing, Pranesh sir of Cider is the best! He is a great teacher. So you should definitely join his coaching. A level Computing Coursebook is the best book for Computing. Yes, you can do the project using python but kono teacher python die coursework korate chaibena coz python die software banano easy na. You can learn VB instead, jehetu you know python it won't take you more than a couple of weeks to learn VB. R computing is the sort of subject which is extremely easy if it interests you. Many students struggle with programming and if you are not good at it or you don't like the subject you should stay away from the subject. Jodi computing bhalo lage, then you will find it easy! :) Btw I need your help regarding further maths. Ami CIE Further maths nibo but teacher pachi na. Who taught you further maths? Did you do CIE Fmath na Edexcel Fmath? Can you name some teachers for CIE Fmath for me?

Reaction score
For Computing, Pranesh sir of Cider is the best! He is a great teacher. So you should definitely join his coaching. A level Computing Coursebook is the best book for Computing. Yes, you can do the project using python but kono teacher python die coursework korate chaibena coz python die software banano easy na. You can learn VB instead, jehetu you know python it won't take you more than a couple of weeks to learn VB. R computing is the sort of subject which is extremely easy if it interests you. Many students struggle with programming and if you are not good at it or you don't like the subject you should stay away from the subject. Jodi computing bhalo lage, then you will find it easy! :) Btw I need your help regarding further maths. Ami CIE Further maths nibo but teacher pachi na. Who taught you further maths? Did you do CIE Fmath na Edexcel Fmath? Can you name some teachers for CIE Fmath for me?

I did some programming in VB a couple of years ago...and enjoyed it!:)
I did further maths from edexcel cause you know its way too easier than Cambridge, and no i did not finish my A2.I just finished my AS this may, and waiting for the result. i think you can sit for edexcel further maths all by yourself!It's really easy!Amar kono teacher lageni!But in Edexcel further maths you have to sit for 6units as "Combinations leading to an award in Further Mathematics must comprise six units". If you want to get into Oxbridge then i think you should do all your subjects from cambride as they prefer cambridge more than edexcel, but if you want to go for USA, just do whatever you can to easily score an A. In USA they are mainly interested in your SAT scores, ECs and essays.
Umm if you are looking for CIE further maths teacher, don't you have any at cider? I have a private tutor so i don't know that many teachers for different subjects. Did you finish your A'level mathematics?

Reaction score
I did some programming in VB a couple of years ago...and enjoyed it!:)
I did further maths from edexcel cause you know its way too easier than Cambridge, and no i did not finish my A2.I just finished my AS this may, and waiting for the result. i think you can sit for edexcel further maths all by yourself!It's really easy!Amar kono teacher lageni!But in Edexcel further maths you have to sit for 6units as "Combinations leading to an award in Further Mathematics must comprise six units". If you want to get into Oxbridge then i think you should do all your subjects from cambride as they prefer cambridge more than edexcel, but if you want to go for USA, just do whatever you can to easily score an A. In USA they are mainly interested in your SAT scores, ECs and essays.
Umm if you are looking for CIE further maths teacher, don't you have any at cider? I have a private tutor so i don't know that many teachers for different subjects. Did you finish your A'level mathematics?
I sent an email to Edexcel and they said I can't take Edexcel Further maths if I don't give maths from Edexcel. So I can't take Fmath from Edexcel even though I wanted to. Where did you give Maths from, CIE or Edexcel? and yes, I completed A level maths from CIE in this May session. There is one teacher in Cider but he is inexperienced and never taught this subject before.

Reaction score
of course i gave both maths from edexcel. I talked to british council about my subjects before and they said if i wanted to sit for edexcel f.maths then first i have to finish edexcel maths.So last october i sat for cie phy,chem and bio and this may i sat for edexcel maths and f.maths. I heard some of your classmates were planning to take edexcel further maths, and i was confused about how they got permission to take f.maths without taking the maths.:confused:
Yah um planning to take 7 subjects, but um not sure yet.Next may i will finish my A2, and then in october um thinking of taking two more subjects from CIE.
if u don't have any teacher for cie f.maths, try solving them yourself!If you face any problem, talk to your math teacher. They might be inexperienced and never taught the subject before, but that doesn't mean that they won't be able to solve the problems.Right?:confused:And if you have so much problems with f.maths then why do u want to take it?There are other subjects like economics,commerce, business studies and accounting. I'm sure there are lots of teachers for these subjects!:)