• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Equivalence

Reaction score
Hey all! Aoa, I'm an overseas student from Kuwait. I did my O'Levels in 2011 and scored following grades:-
Biology: B
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
Maths: B
I.T: B
English: C
I then did AS in following subjects scoring grades as follows.
Biology: C
Chemistry: C
Physics: D
After all this I decided to take a gap year which was 2013.
And so, as of now its 2014. I appeared in Chemistry and Biology of A2 and scored 2D's, Respectively.
I'd gone thorugh some forums and got to know that in Pakistan, if you're planning of pursuing a career in Medicine all in all you ought to have with your are 3 subjects. Therefore, I decided to take my physics A2 in the upcoming January 2015 as my board is Edexcel. Right? So now my question to all you folks out there is that, Is it okay ìf I took a gap year in between my AS and A2. Also, this coming January would unfortunately happen to be my 2nd year in A2. Will Ibcc be cool with it? And yes, I would be really grateful if anyone you could workout my A' levels equivalence! Lastly, Is it necessary to complete A'Levels within two years of time span after you are done with your O' levels?
I await the replies. Kind Regards!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The amount of time you take doesn't affect your equivalence in any way whatsoever.
I took my O' levels in 2011. After this, I did my AS until 2012. Then took a gap year as I was fed up of AS already. In Jan 2014, I sat biology and chemistry exams of A2. And now I'm planning to take physics of A2 in Jan 2015 as I'm already done with AS physics. Will this affect my equivalence by any sort of means? I await your reply! Thank you!

Reaction score
Hey all! Aoa, I'm an overseas student from Kuwait. I did my O'Levels in 2011 and scored following grades:-
And so, as of now its 2014. I appeared in Chemistry and Biology of A2 and scored 2D's, Respectively.
I'd gone thorugh some forums and got to know that in Pakistan, if you're planning of pursuing a career in Medicine all in all you ought to have with your are 3 subjects. Therefore, I decided to take my physics A2 in the upcoming January 2015 as my board is Edexcel. Right? So now my question to all you folks out there is that, Is it okay ìf I took a gap year in between my AS and A2. Also, this coming January would unfortunately happen to be my 2nd year in A2. Will Ibcc be cool with it? And yes, I would be really grateful if anyone you could workout my A' levels equivalence! Lastly, Is it necessary to complete A'Levels within two years of time span after you are done with your O' levels?

Walikum asalam :)
The thing about taking 3 subjects in Pak is right, they require 3 complete AL subjects for medicine (i.e Physics, Chemistry and Biology).......
Its okay if you took a gap year, i dont think that it will have any effect.....
Its not necessary to complete A'Levels within two years of time span after you are done with your O' levels, you can take more, but i think they are given more credit if you complete within 2 years.....(like they choose those students first, i think)

Reaction score
I took my O' levels in 2011. After this, I did my AS until 2012. Then took a gap year as I was fed up of AS already. In Jan 2014, I sat biology and chemistry exams of A2. And now I'm planning to take physics of A2 in Jan 2015 as I'm already done with AS physics. Will this affect my equivalence by any sort of means? I await your reply! Thank you!
about the equivalence thingiii....i think anwar2400 can help you out, Ma sha ALLAH his replies helped me a lot :)

Reaction score
Walikum asalam :)
The thing about taking 3 subjects in Pak is right, they require 3 complete AL subjects for medicine (i.e Physics, Chemistry and Biology).......
Its okay if you took a gap year, i dont think that it will have any effect.....
Its not necessary to complete A'Levels within two years of time span after you are done with your O' levels, you can take more, but i think they are given more credit if you complete within 2 years.....(like they choose those students first, i think)
Thank you so much for your instant reply. I truly appreciate it. God bless you!

Reaction score
Just a tip, you might want to improve your grades in A Levels, Majority of the Universities don't accept a grade less than C in Medicine.