• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the difference between Out-breeding and Crossbreeding? PLZ
outbreeding is basically done within the same species.
It's the opposite of what we do in artificial selection. Two 'different' breeds of the same species are bred together. They do have the same physical features and chromosome number and their offspring are fertile too but they may be from different locations which cause them to have alleles which greatly differe.

While crossbreeding is what is done when sympatric speciation occurs. Two individuals from related (not the same) species-with possibly different no. of chromosomes-mate to make a hybrid. The offspring is not fertile and the chromosome number of the offspring is the sum of chromosome no. of the parents.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But what about this question? :cry:
but you don't need to memorise this becuz the map is already given
just analyse whats given in the map above...n who knows it might be different from the one given in the book..like slightly different

Reaction score
but you don't need to memorise this becuz the map is already given
just analyse whats given in the map above...n who knows it might be different from the one given in the book..like slightly different
The map given is only for anopheles and the question asks to compare its distribution with that of malaria...
Anyways, I don't think such questions come too often

Reaction score
The map given is only for anopheles and the question asks to compare its distribution with that of malaria...
Anyways, I don't think such questions come too often
A***** Anopheles isn't a disease, its a species of mosquito, the vector, and Malaria is the disease. Female Anopheles mosquitoes spread Malaria, the disease, between people.

Reaction score
A***** Anopheles isn't a disease, its a species of mosquito, the vector, and Malaria is the disease. Female Anopheles mosquitoes spread Malaria, the disease, between people.
Hahaha I know that:D
I was only asking that do we have to learn the geographical spread of malaria because the map for its distribution is not given

Reaction score
Are these prominent circles nuclei? If yes, then of which cells, epithelial or goblet??

Attachments

• IMG_20180505_024234.JPG
    IMG_20180505_024234.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Are these prominent circles nuclei? If yes, then of which cells, epithelial or goblet??
Yes & Goblet
But what about this question? :cry:
Nothing to do with knowing the map for malaria,
All to do with Prevention methods, in developed countries no malaria present but mosquito is, cause plasmodium cannot thrive in these conditions as better treatment opportunities in these countries and some eradicated the disease

Reaction score
Yes & Goblet

Nothing to do with knowing the map for malaria,
All to do with Prevention methods, in developed countries no malaria present but mosquito is, cause plasmodium cannot thrive in these conditions as better treatment opportunities in these countries and some eradicated the disease
Tysmmm...one more thing, where are the epithelial cells then? Have they just become squamous cells and are not visible?

Reaction score
What is wrong with the 3rd statement? Is it that even neutrophils can not enter tissue fluid?
And can lymphocytes enter tissue fluid bqz they are smaller than phagocytes, like tissue fluid DOES contain some sort of WBCs...

IMG_20180505_041206.JPG

Reaction score
What is wrong with the 3rd statement? Is it that even neutrophils can not enter tissue fluid?
And can lymphocytes enter tissue fluid bqz they are smaller than phagocytes, like tissue fluid DOES contain some sort of WBCs...

View attachment 63440
I'm pretty much sure that all WBCs can enter the tissue fluid, by squeezing in, that's why 3 is wrong

Tysmmm...one more thing, where are the epithelial cells then? Have they just become squamous cells and are not visible?

The layer just under the goblet cells is very likely the epithelial layer, and no it can't disappear!

Reaction score
I'm pretty much sure that all WBCs can enter the tissue fluid, by squeezing in, that's why 3 is wrong
But the size of a macrophage is about 21 um, too large to even enter the capillary, then how can it leak from a pore?

Reaction score
The layer just under the goblet cells is very likely the epithelial layer, and no it can't disappear!
Okay but how can the epithelium be below the goblet cells? I mean that it is the top most layer, so how can it just go downwards?

Reaction score
But the size of a macrophage is about 21 um, too large to even enter the capillary, then how can it leak from a pore?
No it isn't, macrophages are just large enough to fit into a capillary
Okay but how can the epithelium be below the goblet cells? I mean that it is the top most layer, so how can it just go downwards?
Hehe, no it doesn't go downwards. that must be the mucous membrane that consists of one or more layers of epithelial cells according to wikipedia

upload_2018-5-5_15-36-10.png