• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
From the table, this is the lowest magnification...lowest magnification means that the size of each cell will be the smallest and so the maximum number can be seen
The smaller the size of an object, the more of them can fit in an area of space
ohh...thank u so much

Reaction score
View attachment 62868

Can someone help why C and not B???
Just look at the y-axis... it is time taken for reaction, not the rate of reaction
It is just the opposite...at the optimum temp. where the rate is highest, the time will be the least and similarly where the rate is least, the time will be maximum...note that the line will not cross 50°C bqz the rate will be zero

Reaction score
Re: Biology Doubt: Nervous System!

Assalamoalaikum!

Can someone please explain, what's refractory period? I am confused about it! =/
To know refractory period, you must know about hyper polarization. Once the cell fires action potential when threshold value is reached then, depolarization occurs and when the cell re-polarizes, it goes beyond the normal resting potential value i.e. hyper polarization. To bring the cell back to resting potential, the cell needs some time and this period is known as refractory period. During this period, the sodium potassium pump plays an important role by letting 3 sodium go out of the cell and 2 sodium into the cell for each time thus, bringing the cell back to resting potential. I hope I made my point.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
To know refractory period, you must know about hyper polarization. Once the cell fires action potential when threshold value is reached then, depolarization occurs and when the cell re-polarizes, it goes beyond the normal resting potential value i.e. hyper polarization. To bring the cell back to resting potential, the cell needs some time and this period is known as refractory period. During this period, the sodium potassium pump plays an important role by letting 3 sodium go out of the cell and 2 sodium into the cell for each time thus, bringing the cell back to resting potential. I hope I made my point.
Thanks a lot!! You did.
But guess what? That's a 6 year old post. I'm almost done with uni

Last edited:
Reaction score
can someone help plzzz why for 18 ans is B??

The RNA triplet UAG means that the DNA triplet is ATC. So, you just have to insert and check where there is triplet for ATC.

A: TTC CAC TCG ATG
B: TCC ATC TCG ATG
C: TCC ACT CTG ATG
D: TCC ACT CGA TTG

The only sequence which has ATC is B, so that is the correct answer.

Reaction score
so when it is 1 the water potential is equal to sucrose plz explain in further detail
It is the point where the ratio of initial length to final length is 1, which is 0.45 moldm-3 sucrose concentration (from graph).

Reaction score
so when it is 1 the water potential is equal to sucrose plz explain in further detail
at one , the length after immersion, and before immersion is the saem, this means that no water was lost/ taken in, which means that the water potential of the solution= water potential of the cells,
btw you are an arab, nice to see someone relatable