• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can any one explain the function of transcription factors in gene expression in eukaryotes.
If they ask this in Section B

Reaction score
desribe reasons why named species has become endangeredd
help

named species (no mark)
four relevant reasons for a named species ; ; ; ;
e.g. animal species
direct human effect e.g. hunting / fishing / collection / skins
habitat destruction
climate change qualified
increase in pollution
spread / increase, in disease or new disease
lack of food
increased predation
e.g. plant species
direct human effect e.g. specimen collection / logging
habitat destruction
climate change qualified
increase in pollution
loss of pollinators
increased competition from introduced plants

Reaction score
desribe reasons why named species has become endangeredd
help

named species (no mark)
four relevant reasons for a named species ; ; ; ;
e.g. animal species
direct human effect e.g. hunting / fishing / collection / skins
habitat destruction
climate change qualified
increase in pollution
lack of food
increased predation
e.g. plant species
direct human effect e.g. specimen collection / logging
habitat destruction
climate change qualified
increase in pollution
loss of pollinators
increased competition from introduced plants
ndangered species are those whose number is drastically decreasing due to various reasons and are on the verge of becoming extinct.

For instance Pandas are endangered due to the destruction of their habitat. Humans cut down forests and areas of vegetation where they live to build home for themselves and also regions where they feed.

Another example could be Polar bears. They are endangered due to various human activities. Human activities like pollution that causes global warming. This causes the temperature to rise and areas where they live become warmer.

Next example is the Bengal tigers.They are endangered because they are always hunted for their fur and meat. This has decreased their number.

Another example are the elephants.They are endangered because of mainly deforestation.There is lack of food and thus less survive and reproduce.

You can also add some point about a named plant...that they might have less pollinators because other plants are in tough competition with it and thus less reporduction.Maybe you remember the name of that red-ish flower that is endangered.The name starts with the letter R. :p I saw it in a past paper question.It is large in size.

Reaction score
ndangered species are those whose number is drastically decreasing due to various reasons and are on the verge of becoming extinct.

For instance Pandas are endangered due to the destruction of their habitat. Humans cut down forests and areas of vegetation where they live to build home for themselves and also regions where they feed.

Another example could be Polar bears. They are endangered due to various human activities. Human activities like pollution that causes global warming. This causes the temperature to rise and areas where they live become warmer.

Next example is the Bengal tigers.They are endangered because they are always hunted for their fur and meat. This has decreased their number.

Another example are the elephants.They are endangered because of mainly deforestation.There is lack of food and thus less survive and reproduce.

You can also add some point about a named plant...that they might have less pollinators because other plants are in tough competition with it and thus less reporduction.Maybe you remember the name of that red-ish flower that is endangered.The name starts with the letter R. :p I saw it in a past paper question.It is large in size.
The Flower Name is Rosella.

Reaction score

thanks but i dont understand point climate change qualified

Reaction score
thanks but i dont understand point climate change qualified
Welcome.
It just means that some human activities can result in climate change and then some animals can't adjust to those changes and thus less chances of survival.Polar bears is an example I can at the moment think of. :3

Reaction score

suppose i mentioned all reasons for bengal tiger or rosella
will they check validity of my answer

Reaction score
0ct/nov 2013 paper 41 question 4 a) parts (i) and (ii)
(i) is there any other way of calculating the menstrual cycle other than using oestrogen peaks?
(ii) I dont understand how the luteal phase ended at day 29 or 30 when they clearly mentioned in the question that it ends when menstruation starts (given that the cycle is 28 days).

Please help. Thank you so much!