• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

✔--Physics P2: Post your doubts here --✔

Reaction score
uhm, okay so i have done the past papers from 2001 to 2010 once and doing it again, and have revised the syllabus twice as well.
the problem is i haven't done the papers of 2011-2012. would that cost me? and have i done enough?
and yeah, i am scared :R

Reaction score
uhm, okay so i have done the past papers from 2001 to 2010 once and doing it again, and have revised the syllabus twice as well.
the problem is i haven't done the papers of 2011-2012. would that cost me? and have i done enough?
and yeah, i am scared :R

You mean if we work all the past papers, we can get can an A* ?

Reaction score
You mean if we work all the past papers, we can get can an A* ?
i don't thinkso, see what i have observed so far is that its not the past papers or revising the syllabus that is going to get us to that level but how we manage to solve the problems with elaborating and managing the knowledge that we have. in that case, we need to get into the depth of our course as much as we can. Understand, draw a picture of it in your mind. Apply the formula's with different questions. Apply the laws in whatever you see, hear, or do. it's like falling in love with it. okay i should stop now, its been getting all over me -_-

Reaction score
i don't thinkso, see what i have observed so far is that its not the past papers or revising the syllabus that is going to get us to that level but how we manage to solve the problems with elaborating and managing the knowledge that we have. in that case, we need to get into the depth of our course as much as we can. Understand, draw a picture of it in your mind. Apply the formula's with different questions. Apply the laws in whatever you see, hear, or do. it's like falling in love with it. okay i should stop now, its been getting all over me -_-

LOL ! Oki.. An A or B then ! :p

Reaction score
And guys please tell me that up to how many significant figures do we have to give our final answers ? o_O

Reaction score
The number of s.f I think depends on how accurate the values you are given to work with is.
E.g
Lets say you need to multiply 23.686 and 2.12; so the answer is 50.21432
However this answer is wrong because you can not obtain a value that is more accurate than the values you have been given to work with.
So 2.12 being the least accurate the accuracy of the answer is given in that range, i.e 50.2.
Well it kind of make sense to me but if you have other suggestion that would be great.

Reaction score
Please help!
I'm having some trouble with Oct/Nov Variant 2, here's the link:

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_22.pdf

1) Question 4b.i , is the shaded area just between the two curves or shaded beneath the top curve all the way down to the extension axis (x-axis) ?

2) Question 4b.ii , How do you do it?

3) Question 6bi , How do you get the answer? It says (4/5) multiplied by 1200. Where did that 4/5 (0.8) come from, and what's the 12000? The answer is 960 ohms.

4) Question 6b.ii , How do you do this?

My exam is tomorrow morning please help!

Reaction score
Please help!
I'm having some trouble with Oct/Nov Variant 2, here's the link:

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_22.pdf

1) Question 4b.i , is the shaded area just between the two curves or shaded beneath the top curve all the way down to the extension axis (x-axis) ?

2) Question 4b.ii , How do you do it?

3) Question 6bi , How do you get the answer? It says (4/5) multiplied by 1200. Where did that 4/5 (0.8) come from, and what's the 12000? The answer is 960 ohms.

4) Question 6b.ii , How do you do this?

My exam is tomorrow morning please help!

1)Yes !! the area between the two curves
2)Area of upper curve - Area of lower curve
3)4 v is across point A and B which means the rest of 5 V is in the 1200 ohm resister
so we would fine current from there V=IR
5 = I (1200)
I=4.17 x 10^-3

Now V=IR
4 = 4.17 x 10^-6 (R)
R= 960 ohms

4)960 is total resistance so
1/960 = 1/R(thermistor) + 1/1600

by solving
R(thermistor)=2400 ohms

see from the graph the temp. for which the resistance of thermistor is 2400 ohms
it's 11 degree Celsius

Reaction score
Can any one please help me by drawing two waves in the same graph that have a phase difference of 180 degrees. Please help me I have my Paper 2exam today.