• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Your favorite anime?

Reaction score
OK minna, whats your favorite anime? Name the top 5 in your list:)
I was told my favorite anime isn't as 'cool' as many others so I want to know what you guys like to watch:p

Reaction score
Code Geass
Death Note
Steins Gate
FMA Brotherhood
Samurai Champloo

How many anime have you watched, exactly? :p
one piece, naruto, death note, fairy tail, bleach, ao no exorcist, Steins gate, black cat (feel stupid about mentioning this one because it was the worst anime iv ever watched but still i cant deny that i have).
I don't think pokemon digimon and all should count because I watched them as a little kid and don't even remember the stories properly.

Reaction score
one piece, naruto, death note, fairy tail, bleach, ao no exorcist, Steins gate, black cat (feel stupid about mentioning this one because it was the worst anime iv ever watched but still i cant deny that i have).
I don't think pokemon digimon and all should count because I watched them as a little kid and don't even remember the stories properly.
You mean all the mainstream anime.
You're missing out on all the awesomeness of the non-mainsteam anime :p
Samurai Champloo
Psycho Pass

And how can you watch stuff like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Fairy Tail and not watch FMA Brotherhood? -.-

Reaction score
You mean all the mainstream anime.
You're missing out on all the awesomeness of the non-mainsteam anime :p
Samurai Champloo
Psycho Pass

And how can you watch stuff like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Fairy Tail and not watch FMA Brotherhood? -.-

ok I'll be honest i haven't watched fma brotherhood, never heard of it before either , so ill give it a try and i did try watching psycho ass but failed badly.
i was lucky i made through death note which was boring as hell too

and how can you people not like one piece??

Reaction score
ok I'll be honest i haven't watched fma brotherhood, never heard of it before either , so ill give it a try and i did try watching psycho ass but failed badly.
i was lucky i made through death note which was boring as hell too

and how can you people not like one piece??
Well, if you found death note boring and naruto/bleach/fairy tail interesting i have no idea what kind off messed up judging standards you have. You probably just like mainsteam stuff like convenient power ups during stupid looking battles and the good guy comes out on top. Psychological thrillers or suspense is something you don't like, apparently.
I'd recommend Shigeki no Kyojin.

Mainly because it is over 600 episodes long out of which most are full of kiddish fighting. How old are you again?

Reaction score
Well, if you found death note boring and naruto/bleach/fairy tail interesting i have no idea what kind off messed up judging standards you have. You probably just like mainsteam stuff like convenient power ups during stupid looking battles and the good guy comes out on top. Psychological thrillers or suspense is something you don't like, apparently.

Mainly because it is over 600 episodes long out of which most are full of kiddish fighting. How old are you again?

Ok first I never said I love fairy tail or bleach and I agree they are childish.
Naruto is bearable. Death note has a predictable plot and isnt 'mature' as a lot of people like to say . I feel like the writer tried a lot to make the main characters cool but couldnt pull it off and they ended up looking stupid especially light.
And about OP, the story keeps on getting ever more interesting and the characters are actually likeable. The plot is far from boring and even after over 600 episodes its able to hold the viewers attention easily. Oda made sure that everything in OP is perfect.
And I would like to know if youve even actually watched OP properly? not the 4kids version or the first few episodes, which I agree arent interesting.
Im 18, old enough to know which anime is better:p

Reaction score
Ok first I never said I love fairy tail or bleach and I agree they are childish.
Naruto is bearable. Death note has a predictable plot and isnt 'mature' as a lot of people like to say . I feel like the writer tried a lot to make the main characters cool but couldnt pull it off and they ended up looking stupid especially light.
And about OP, the story keeps on getting ever more interesting and the characters are actually likeable. The plot is far from boring and even after over 600 episodes its able to hold the viewers attention easily. Oda made sure that everything in OP is perfect.
And I would like to know if youve even actually watched OP properly? not the 4kids version or the first few episodes, which I agree arent interesting.
Im 18, old enough to know which anime is better:p
And yet better than Death Note, huh?
Predictable plot? Wow. First time hearing that one :p Even though it became sucky after L died, the first 24 episodes were pure awesomeness. Light died in a stupid way, i'd agree to that but the rest of the characters (Death Not exists till episode 25 for me) were well developed and the plot was perfectly executed.
Alright, so Death Note with 2 masterminds playing a psychological battle to the death isn't mature but a kid with volcanised rubber arms with a bunch of convenient power ups and kiddish dialogues about becoming the greatest pirate in the world is. Seems legit.
I have watched enough to know it sucked :p

18? Sure as hell doesn't seem like it but hey, taste differs from person to person so i won't judge. :p

Reaction score

"messed up judging standards"? says the guy who has "BreakingBad" as his username.

Reaction score
And yet better than Death Note, huh?
Predictable plot? Wow. First time hearing that one :p Even though it became sucky after L died, the first 24 episodes were pure awesomeness. Light died in a stupid way, i'd agree to that but the rest of the characters (Death Not exists till episode 25 for me) were well developed and the plot was perfectly executed.
Alright, so Death Note with 2 masterminds playing a psychological battle to the death isn't mature but a kid with volcanised rubber arms with a bunch of convenient power ups and kiddish dialogues about becoming the greatest pirate in the world is. Seems legit.
I have watched enough to know it sucked :p

18? Sure as hell doesn't seem like it but hey, taste differs from person to person so i won't judge. :p
I'd say it's pretty predictable, but if you couldn't see through it then.. well, cant really do something about that
and if you want to narrow down One Piece's plot to, a kid with vulcanized rubber arms with a bunch of convenient power ups and kiddish dialogues blah blah bullcrap, then whats so legitimate about killing someone just by writing their names in a book?

Reaction score
"messed up judging standards"? says the guy who has "BreakingBad" as his username.
How is that relevant? :p

I'd say it's pretty predictable, but if you couldn't see through it then.. well, cant really do something about that
and if you want to narrow down One Piece's plot to, a kid with vulcanized rubber arms with a bunch of convenient power ups and kiddish dialogues blah blah bullcrap, then whats so legitimate about killing someone just by writing their names in a book?
It wasn't the killing that was 'legitimate', it was the chase. The fact that the people who died died may have been kinda predictable but how it actually happened is what makes the show awesome. WoW. 2 people obsessing over One Piece despite having watched Death Note in the same lifetime. Dayumn, i'm lucky.

Reaction score
How is that relevant? :p

It wasn't the killing that was 'legitimate', it was the chase. The fact that the people who died died may have been kinda predictable but how it actually happened is what makes the show awesome. WoW. 2 people obsessing over One Piece despite having watched Death Note in the same lifetime. Dayumn, i'm lucky.
well it is relevant 'cause i was talking about having messed up 'judging' standards, and it doesn't matter if it's in anime or some drama tele series or freaking karaoke music, if it's messed up then it is MESSED UP.
and if you can tell that somebody's going to die then what's the thrill.

Reaction score
now i'm not saying that death note is an awful waste of time. But when you compare it to something like One Piece, then OP definitely stands tall.

Reaction score
You know what, let's just end this here. You like Death Note, I like One Piece and so does the other person. You're a hardcore DN lover and we are hardcore OP lovers. The argument is pointless.

Reaction score
Death note and One piece are completely different genres of anime you cant compare them.
Death note is a dark psychological anime
One piece is a adventure anime full of awesome fights
I really dont see how one is better than the other.