• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu A or B

Are you taking Urdu A or B

• Total voters
Reaction score
in urdu a the questions are not like ratta. you hv to understand the ques and then write 600 or more word approx for 25 marks ques in just 35 min on the most fazool desks of BC. it is most difficult to memorize the exact references ofwhich sum can be 6 lines long

Reaction score
in urdu a the questions are not like ratta. you hv to understand the ques and then write 600 or more word approx for 25 marks ques in just 35 min on the most fazool desks of BC. it is most difficult to memorize the exact references ofwhich sum can be 6 lines long
Exactly, they just ask you about a topic, not on a specific part and sometimes the questions are extremely confusing.

Reaction score

well it's not even ratta in Urdu B p1 too. I cud not have imagined to write on such a topic as 'Chirya Ghar'

Reaction score
what I think is the students who take Urdu B are relatively poor at urdu so the don't even manage to tackle such an easy paper.

Reaction score
in p1 this yr the passage was abt hard work while the ques asked to write a speech"children r builders of nation" so it is ,more difficult

Reaction score
None from mine got A* and about half got an A :(

The P1 is much more difficult than the translation in Urdu B.
The questions are not known, there is a wide range but the topics are limited. Rarely some one gets more than 22-23 in them. The thresholds must be very low.
which school r u frm

Reaction score
I wonder who are the 4 voters for Urdu A...........Show yourselves*

Reaction score
One of my teachers forced me that i should take Urdu A instead of Urdu B as she said that there is no fixed syllabus for it as u will have to learn infinite idioms and practice so many essays and comprehensions and i was also to some extend convinced but i am glad that i did not take it ... today when i see my classmates being suffering at the hands of urdu A as they say that the teacher wants answers to be in more depth and detail all the time and the syllabus is in purani urdu which is so tough,i feel really happy that i took urdu b but i am still worried about it

Reaction score
One of my teachers forced me that i should take Urdu A instead of Urdu B as she said that there is no fixed syllabus for it as u will have to learn infinite idioms and practice so many essays and comprehensions and i was also to some extend convinced but i am glad that i did not take it ... today when i see my classmates being suffering at the hands of urdu A as they say that the teacher wants answers to be in more depth and detail all the time and the syllabus is in purani urdu which is so tough,i feel really happy that i took urdu b but i am still worried about it

Gudd! :)
but what are you worried about?

Reaction score
In Urdu A, the questions are already known. I mean the syllabus is fixed. A certain number of stories and poets and all that. So people easily get 24/25 in those questions and get an A*.
But in Urdu B, there are mazmoons and stuff.. in which we have to write on the spot.. and its difficult to score very high on that.
In Order to get A*, one needs 50/55 in both papers.. or more than that. That's very hard!

I have been studying Urdu A for 2 years now and I have only gotten 23/25 ONCE from like 100+ questions. I have never seen ANYONE get more then 23. I have a friend who is a crazy genius( topped in all subjects for 2 straight years) and he too has only gotten 23 2 times. 24 is just...woah!

Reaction score
actually jaisa marzi shair ka 25 marks wala question aiy manay ratta mara wa hi likha tha lakin question say related. plus muwazna is simple all u have to compare but using ur own words. yes ur right about the option one so one can only prepare nazam or mirat ul aroos and appear in pprs ( this is what i did) trust me the difficult subject in my like was urdu and ALHAMDULILLAH got an A(a) Thank GOD! Seriously in urdu A ou school got 48 A/A*s out of 50 students u can see the grading by urself!!!

I don't know what the kids in your school eat everyday but in our school (BSS), people just pray to pass. Seriously, hardly 3,4 people even get more then 80 marks in the paper and no one even gets more then 85+. But even though the paper is difficult in general, If you get an easy paper then you can ace it.

Reaction score
It is no issue if you take Urdu A. :) At first, people get afraid of the ghazals etc (as was I) , but at the end of 3 years you are able to learn them quite easily. ;)