• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
why detergents need to be biodegradable and why dont they form a scum????

BCOZ dey may be insol,so dey form scum. insolubilites wil make it less ready to wipe off and u know d global warming probs n bla bla if things r not degrading.................pippo, btw, dis aint in ig portion, scum n ol. itna bhi hodder mat padho. scum, sols, gels n ol ka section u read na? ;) i read it too. intersting tha phir bhi

Reaction score
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what does anaeroibc respiration has to do with nitares in reed beds. part (c) last point in ms!! plz some help over here
upload_2014-4-27_20-52-33.png upload_2014-4-27_20-52-57.png

Reaction score
Reaction score
DEAR SUM 1
answer this plz make it look simple
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s09_qp_6.pdf
Question 2 a (ii) is this correct?
there are arteries there will take blood
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_w09_qp_6.pdf

question 1 easy answer plz

BTW i am not that dumb to not know thses answer
im just scared wat if th examiner doesnot like my answer and sumtimes its hard to get the ms in bio

thanku in advance
For the fist one, about the arteries that is correct, but the correct explanation is
At these places, the arteries are located very close to the skin

As for the second question, what specific part?

Reaction score
th

nx
and a (ii) nad b
In the first stem, water has moved out of the stem, causing a loss in turgor. the thickest part is at the edge, and as it loses water, they contract achieving such a shape.
In the second one, water is moving in by osmosis, and exerts a force on the sides of the stem creating a turgor causing it to achieve such a shape

In the experiment keep various variables constant apart from changing the conc. of the salt solution. Tabulate the conc. and length of the stem after each trial and tabulate it, as well keep on continuing the experiment until you obtain the outcome you want

Reaction score
In the first stem, water has moved out of the stem, causing a loss in turgor. the thickest part is at the edge, and as it loses water, they contract achieving such a shape.
In the second one, water is moving in by osmosis, and exerts a force on the sides of the stem creating a turgor causing it to achieve such a shape

In the experiment keep various variables constant apart from changing the conc. of the salt solution. Tabulate the conc. and length of the stem after each trial and tabulate it, as well keep on continuing the experiment until you obtain the outcome you want
i like ur answer but are u sure this is enuf details