• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Formats for GCE 1123/P12

Reaction score
Formats are just for presentation, which to some extent should not be totally ignored. So yes follow the formats, but don't stress over it..rather concentrate on the content and language skills shown by your piece of writing.
yes also dont use that words and idioms whom you are not sure about of using it .

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks , i'm a bit confused about the report writing format as you have mention 3 bullets/para but the points we are asked in exams to cover are almost 4 or 5 so are we supposed to make 4 or 5 paras... or we are bound to make 3. Plus how am i supposed to write a report to police.. about a crime happening in my neighborhood... i should mention my address... how do i write it?

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks , i'm a bit confused about the report writing format as you have mention 3 bullets/para but the points we are asked in exams to cover are almost 4 or 5 so are we supposed to make 4 or 5 paras... or we are bound to make 3. Plus how am i supposed to write a report to police.. about a crime happening in my neighborhood... i should mention my address... how do i write it?
hmm there is no restrictions on paragraphy , as good as your eassy content will you will be able to get grades .

Reaction score
Informal Letter
48 Preston Villas
Sesame Street
Karachi
9th May 2012​
Dear Ahmed
X (indicates you have to leave a line)
1st Para/bullet ......................................
X
2nd Para/bullet...................................
X
3rd Para/bullet......................................
X
X​
Your buddy
Nisar

Formal Letter

48 Dolmen Villas
Preston Road
Karachi 74700
X
9th May 2012
X
The Principal
The City School
Orchard Road
Karachi
X
Dear Sir
X
Sub:_________ (optional)
X
1st bullet
X
2nd bullet
X
3rd bullet
X
Yours faithfully
(signature)
Ali Mansoor
Senior Student.

Speech Writing Format

Good morning ladies and gentle men
X
1st bullet
X
2nd bullet
X
3rd bullet
X​
Delivered by
Ahmed Nisar

Can we use the same patters for June 2014 ?I mean do they stay the same or they change every year?

Reaction score
;)Exactly , they give 15 marks for task fulfilment !
So why not use the desired format to make your piece of writing Acceptable , Neat , Up to the mark or standards ! Full 15 marks guarantied(y)

Reaction score
Bro the format carries no marks ,the examiner is only concerned about the piece of writing you have produced .This is confirmed by an examiner.You may write down the format if you want to but why waste time on that ,when you don't need to.You can simply start with the words they ask you to start with such as 'Dear Sir 'or whatever. But you need to be prepared , in case they dont ask us to start with some words , i am afraid we must write the format :)
;)Exactly , they give 15 marks for task fulfilment !
So why not use the desired format to make your piece of writing Acceptable , Neat , Up to the mark or standards ! Full 15 marks guarantied(y)

Reaction score
how to count words? by counting individually each word or by multiplication method?

Reaction score
how to count words? by counting individually each word or by multiplication method?
DO NOT COUNT!
the word limit is given for just a rough estimate of how long your composition should be. You never need to count. Its just wastage of time. Just dont write too much or too less, or, to be more specific, dont write less than two pages, and dont write this much that it wastes your time.

BUT, for summary writing in ppr 2, u must take care of words.

Reaction score
Hey
I'm appearing for the English second language in three days and according to my
Teacher we have to write the address on the left hand Side even in the informal.
What so you think about this reply quickly my papers in three days
Also what is this about no format required in the letter