• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have great video of Moles will upload them for you in youtube. It talks about everything of moles from GCSEs althougth the guy teaching is american and Sorry I couldnt answer the question was away for a while.
tp://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2pUErCBrs6AFh8PTKB here is a private link its about most of the moles question. Uploading more.

Haha its alright, thanks for this video :') I couldnt find any resource myself and moles is a difficult chapter..

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what will be produced at anode in electrolysis of aqueous solution of KBr? (it isn't specified if it is dilute or concentrated)

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what will be produced at anode in electrolysis of aqueous solution of KBr? (it isn't specified if it is dilute or concentrated)
It is Bromine that will be released into the anode. it is because bromine is lesser in the displacement series, lower than OH- .

Reaction score
It is Bromine that will be released into the anode. it is because bromine is lesser in the displacement series, lower than OH- .

I believe hydrogen will be produced. Since the solution is aqueous OH- will be selectively discharged. Generally in past paper questions unless the solution is stated to be concentrated it always means it is dilute. Also the displacement series is only taken into regard when deciding on displacement of cations.

Reaction score
And why B is the correct answer in this one?View attachment 60447

A, because plants make oxygen using photosynthesis which takes place when there is sunlight. During midnight (12 a.m) there would be no sunlight and no photosynthesis so no oxygen.

B, because in the structure of a plant stem or tree bark, phloem is located on the outer region and xylem in the inner region. When the ring of bark is removed , phloem is removed and since it is responsible for translocation of nutrients (amino acids , sucrose) from leaves to roots (and other storage organs) , the plant will die due to lack of nutrition.

Hope this helped, good luck for exams!

Reaction score
I believe hydrogen will be produced. Since the solution is aqueous OH- will be selectively discharged. Generally in past paper questions unless the solution is stated to be concentrated it always means it is dilute. Also the displacement series is only taken into regard when deciding on displacement of cations.
Yeah I thought so too, but the marking scheme states bromine is discharged. So confusing:unsure:

Reaction score
The mark scheme must be wrong then
No its Bromine. This question is about a concentrated solution as it only says aqueous' so we assume in this case that it is concentrated unless they themselves have said that it is dilute. For concentrated solutions the rule is slightly different. The solute ie any compound you add (other than water) will always discharge provided that it is not TOO reactive like SO4. Bromine is not , there fore it will be discharged at the anode

Reaction score
No its Bromine. This question is about a concentrated solution as it only says aqueous' so we assume in this case that it is concentrated unless they themselves have said that it is dilute. For concentrated solutions the rule is slightly different. The solute ie any compound you add (other than water) will always discharge provided that it is not TOO reactive like SO4. Bromine is not , there fore it will be discharged at the anode

Do you have a link to the question by any chance? I want to see it for myself. Is it p1 or p2?
If it is concentrated then obviously bromine will be discharged

Reaction score
A, because plants make oxygen using photosynthesis which takes place when there is sunlight. During midnight (12 a.m) there would be no sunlight and no photosynthesis so no oxygen.

B, because in the structure of a plant stem or tree bark, phloem is located on the outer region and xylem in the inner region. When the ring of bark is removed , phloem is removed and since it is responsible for translocation of nutrients (amino acids , sucrose) from leaves to roots (and other storage organs) , the plant will die due to lack of nutrition.

Hope this helped, good luck for exams!

Thanks a lot and good luck to you too:')
Only a few days remaining and the stress just adds up..

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the question by any chance? I want to see it for myself. Is it p1 or p2?
If it is concentrated then obviously bromine will be discharged
I don't but if it isn't mentioned that something is dilute, we automatically assume that it is aqueous.