• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applied ICT 9713- May/June 2012 Series

Reaction score
Please stop begging for files and don't SPAM!!!!

All the files are present in this topic if only you guys can take out some of your precious time to read the initial pages....
If anyone else has anything, they will make a contribution! After all, Sharing is Caring! :p

Reaction score
hey guys, when they ask to explain why the relationship type is appropriate in the A2 practical papers, what do you write?
Also, has anyone done their A2 practical yet?

Reaction score
Well here is what you've all been waiting for....i had my As level Applied ICT practical today and let me tell you, it wasnt easy, though i dont have any files on the paper i still remember what kind of questions were in the paper. It was a shocker for me to see that nothing regarding the microsoft access(database) was asked :cry: which was my strong point but instead a whole page of formulas was given on some stupid lyryx band something.....atleast 55-59 marks worth of formula questions also including some font changes,style and graph was asked. http//www.rockitct.net was the site to download files from if i remember correctly. The main point is that they used Excel alot. While the second question was a coporative house style report on why and how we use validation and verification techniques, we had to show some images as well showing how we used the techniques(word limit below 500). This whole quesiton was worth 49 marks. The last question was a powerpoint presentation question, you had to make 4 slides with headings as specified in the paper which i dont really remember but we had to use hyperlink 2 or 3 times and link one of the slide to another slide, insert an image and link to an email address. Printout and screen shots of your work were required in all questions(whole practical paper was of 110 marks). Dont completely depend on this, revise on your own as well. I hope this helps you guys who have yet to give their applied ICT practical yet. Goodluck!(y)
hey can u email me the link [email protected]
and more detail about report as am confused (While the second question was a coporative house style report on why and how we use validation and verification techniques, we had to show some images as well showing how we used the techniques(word limit below 500). This whole quesiton was worth 49 marks) and a little about powerpoint please send me on my email

Reaction score
hey can u email me the link [email protected]
and more detail about report as am confused (While the second question was a coporative house style report on why and how we use validation and verification techniques, we had to show some images as well showing how we used the techniques(word limit below 500). This whole quesiton was worth 49 marks) and a little about powerpoint please send me on my email
princess94 plz help me can you please tell me wht they asked for in the word part ?
to writ on corporate house style or to write on validation and verification ?
and wht examples are you talking abt they asked ?
plz elaborate.

Reaction score
Guys, does anyone taking A/AS Level exam for Applied ICT 9713 this coming series?
If you do, we can share. If you have doubts, I might help you...

May be u can help me....I need help for 9713_y08_sp_2.pdf its the specimen paper i was trying out...every thing just went fine but this stubborn little problem.In step 23 when i use the Vlookup formula under Office Column...It always return the #N/A error...i checked my formula with mark scheme...mine is correct.then i went to excel help and tried all the possible solutions it offers especially those referring to lookup formulae....i mean my lookup_value argument is correct....ihave given the required cell reference...still...stubborn error....i also clicked the trace error option but cant understand what its trying to tell me....can you help me....?.....thanxx in advance

Reaction score
May be u can help me....I need help for 9713_y08_sp_2.pdf its the specimen paper i was trying out...every thing just went fine but this stubborn little problem.In step 23 when i use the Vlookup formula under Office Column...It always return the #N/A error...i checked my formula with mark scheme...mine is correct.then i went to excel help and tried all the possible solutions it offers especially those referring to lookup formulae....i mean my lookup_value argument is correct....ihave given the required cell reference...still...stubborn error....i also clicked the trace error option but cant understand what its trying to tell me....can you help me....?.....thanxx in advance
I did the question, and there should be no errors.
I believe that you have not done question 22. itself correctly. Check it
The correct answer for question 22 is
=VALUE(MID("cell reference", 8, 1))​
What this does is gets the eight character (or number), and sets it into a value (VALUE). Now when you use the result of this, it should work.
ps. I tested the step 22 using =MID("cell ref", 8, 1) and this did cause my step 23 to give #N/A.

Reaction score
I wonder the people above who gave their email id ever got something ??
If you guys did Let me knw tooo !! :D