• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Additional Mathematics (0606) Doubt

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out in this question?View attachment 54971

First expand (a+3√ 5)^2:- a^2+6a√ 5+45

Now the equation is:- a^2+6a√ 5+45+a-b√ 5=51
Taking √ 5 common:- a^2+a+45+(6a-b)√ 5=51

Now, we have to equate the integers on the left and right side:- a^2+a+45=51
Now, we have to equate the √ 5 coefficients on both sides:- 6a-b=0(It is equal to zero because there are no √ 5 coefficients on the right hand side)
(Note:-only equate the √5 coefficients after you have taken common, it is less likely that you will make errors)

Now solve the simultaneous equations
a^2+a+45=51----->1
6a-b=0----->2

a=2 or a=-3
b=12 or b=--18

Reaction score
First expand (a+3√ 5)^2:- a^2+6a√ 5+45

Now the equation is:- a^2+6a√ 5+45+a-b√ 5=51
Taking √ 5 common:- a^2+a+45+(6a-b)√ 5=51

Now, we have to equate the integers on the left and right side:- a^2+a+45=51
Now, we have to equate the √ 5 coefficients on both sides:- 6a-b=0(It is equal to zero because there are no √ 5 coefficients on the right hand side)
(Note:-only equate the √5 coefficients after you have taken common, it is less likely that you will make errors)

Now solve the simultaneous equations
a^2+a+45=51----->1
6a-b=0----->2

a=2 or a=-3
b=12 or b=--18
Thanx a lot, bud!

Reaction score
I don't exactly remember but I am sure it included those numbers. If u could repeat the question I might give u the exact answer
There were 8 characters altogether with two being symbols and you had to make a 6 character security code which has the symbols kept together.

Reaction score
There were 8 characters altogether with two being symbols and you had to make a 6 character security code which has the symbols kept together.
Well if that's the exact question then the answer is definitely not what I said before!

Reaction score
They looked fairly easy! Not too tough, which reminds me of math paper 4 and paper 2.
When we are differentiating Trigonometric functions, andsupposed we have values for t(time) inside them, do we consider the values as radians?
You mean for the distance, speed and acceleration questions right? Then yeah always use radians:).

Reaction score
They looked fairly easy! Not too tough, which reminds me of math paper 4 and paper 2.
When we are differentiating Trigonometric functions, andsupposed we have values for t(time) inside them, do we consider the values as radians?
Did you have any functions question?We didn't so I am quite scared. I don't know why but I find the domain, restricted domain and range quite tricky.

Reaction score
I am more worried bout permutation and combination!
When we draw a quadratic curve and there is a range and domain, do we have to draw the whole curve or only for the x values in the domain?

Reaction score
How were your papers?
well paper 2 was kinda lengthy.
Guys just had a question, is similarity and congruency in syllabus of Add Maths? I just checked the syllabus and it isnt? And if i am correct
then why did we have a question on similarity in Add Maths paper 22?

Reaction score
It was lengthy and hard. That similarity question was so hard. Even the last question. Hopefully the grade lvl guys do ithresholds are low.
I dont think so that its gonna be that low. Wait similarity wasnt hard but it wasnt in our syllabus, but at least they gave the required expression. last question was piece of cake if u just new how remainder theorem actually works. Gonna expect the gt to be around 146-150, as O lvl guys also get the same paper and u know that most of them do really good , so dont expect it to be lower than 145.

Reaction score
It was lengthy and hard. That similarity question was so hard. Even the last question. Hopefully the grade thresholds are low.
Were u able to do the last and similarity question? If yes what answer did u get? Were they whole numbers,i mean integers ?And wanna discuss more questions/

Reaction score
Were u able to do the last and similarity question? If yes what answer did u get? Were they whole numbers,i mean integers ?And wanna discuss more questions/
The last answer was 5 and 11 according to many good students.