• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths IGCSE May/June 2012 Papers 22 and 42 marked

Reaction score
The quadratic equation carried 4 marks :( i got mine wrong I did write the correct formula though
can u people predict what individual steps carried marks? :/
Also did u guys feel the paper was easier than 2011 oct /nov overall?

Reaction score
The quadratic equation carried 4 marks :( i got mine wrong I did write the correct formula though
can u people predict what individual steps carried marks? :/
Also did u guys feel the paper was easier than 2011 oct /nov overall?
If all the steps are correct and only the answer is wrong, then only one or two marks are deducted, but if one step only is correct, then you gain one mark for it, and it was more or less like Oct/nov 2011, you found it harder?

Reaction score
If all the steps are correct and only the answer is wrong, then only one or two marks are deducted, but if one step only is correct, then you gain one mark for it, and it was more or less like Oct/nov 2011, you found it harder?
thanks for the reply :)
Yeah me too i thought there were a few tricky questions though and i felt it was lengthier than the previous year... it was easy peasy :)

Reaction score
Hey.. in Paper 4,question 3-- would marks be deducted if the lines drawn were right but weren't labelled?

Reaction score
Here are the papers 22 and 42 marked

For paper 2 question 5 was actually 64,000

For paper 4 question 6 with the quadrilateral was actually 64

Would it be okay for paper 44 question 10Ci that angles CDG and ADE were the same and sides CG and AE?

Reaction score
Do they give partial marks ?
In many questions, I got the first part correct but the answer wrong.
For example in 17c)
I found the gradient as -1.25 and left it like that. I didn't solve it to get -2.5

In question 11, Found the value of 'k' and did everything correct but when finding the answer
I wrote 4(10-1)^2 (I misread the question :S)

I wonder if they'll give marks for that ? Rest all the paper was pretty simple. Hoping for 175-180 as A* and NOT 188 as ON 11 :/