• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies for june 2012

Reaction score
What was silk letter conspiracy ? 4
What was black hole tragedy ? 4
Can you also tell me some other 4 marks difficult questions ?
Thankx

Reaction score
The Silk Letter Conspiracy (Tehrek-e-Reshmi Rumal) refers to a conspiracy by Deobandi leaders to
attempt to begin a Pan-Islamic insurrection in British India during World War I by seeking support from
Ottoman Turkey, Imperial Germany, Afghanistan. The plot was uncovered by Punjab CID with the
capture of letters from Ubaid'Allah Sindhi, one of the Deobandi leaders then in Afghanistan, to Mahmud
al Hasan another leaders then in Persia. The letters were written in Silk cloth, hence the name.
With the onset of the World War I, Maulana Ubaidullah Sindhi and Mahmud al Hasan (principle of the
Darul Uloom Deoband) had proceeded to Kabul in October 1915 with plans to initiate a Muslim
insurrection in the tribal belt of India. For this purpose, Ubaid'Allah was to propose that the Amir of
Afghanistan declares war against Britain while Mahmud al Hasan sought German and Turkish help.
Hasan proceeded to Hijaz. Ubaid Allah, in the meantime, was able to establish friendly relations with
Amir. As the plans unfolded in what came to be called the Silk Letter conspiracy, Ubaid'Allah was able to
establish friendly relations with Amir. At Kabul, Ubaid'Allah, along with some students who had
preceded him to make way to Turkey to join the Caliph's "Jihad" against Britain, decided that the pan-
Islamic cause was to be best served by focussing on the Indian Freedom Movement.
The Berlin-Indian committee (which became the Indian Independence Committee after 1915) also
resulted in an Indo-German-Turkish mission to the Indo-Iranian border to encourage the tribes to strike
against British interests. This group met the Deobandis in Kabul in December 1915. The mission, along
with bringing members of the Indian movement right to India's border, also brought messages from the
Kaiser, Enver Pasha and the displaced Khedive of Egypt, Abbas Hilmi expressing support for Pratap's
mission and inviting the Amir to move against India
The mission's immediate aim was to rally the Amir against British India and to obtain from the Afghan
Government a right of free passage.[8] But after the leakage of the plan, the top Deobandi leaders were
arrested—Hadhrat Mahmudul-Hasan (also known as Shaykh al-Hind) was arrested from Makkah and
together with Hadhrat Husayn Ahmad Madani, was exiled to Malta, from where, he was released in his
later stages of T.B.

Reaction score
u talking abt paksitan studies right?? like shah wali ullah and haji shariat ullah and all that

Reaction score
H
The Silk Letter Conspiracy (Tehrek-e-Reshmi Rumal) refers to a conspiracy by Deobandi leaders to
attempt to begin a Pan-Islamic insurrection in British India during World War I by seeking support from
Ottoman Turkey, Imperial Germany, Afghanistan. The plot was uncovered by Punjab CID with the
capture of letters from Ubaid'Allah Sindhi, one of the Deobandi leaders then in Afghanistan, to Mahmud
al Hasan another leaders then in Persia. The letters were written in Silk cloth, hence the name.
With the onset of the World War I, Maulana Ubaidullah Sindhi and Mahmud al Hasan (principle of the
Darul Uloom Deoband) had proceeded to Kabul in October 1915 with plans to initiate a Muslim
insurrection in the tribal belt of India. For this purpose, Ubaid'Allah was to propose that the Amir of
Afghanistan declares war against Britain while Mahmud al Hasan sought German and Turkish help.
Hasan proceeded to Hijaz. Ubaid Allah, in the meantime, was able to establish friendly relations with
Amir. As the plans unfolded in what came to be called the Silk Letter conspiracy, Ubaid'Allah was able to
establish friendly relations with Amir. At Kabul, Ubaid'Allah, along with some students who had
preceded him to make way to Turkey to join the Caliph's "Jihad" against Britain, decided that the pan-
Islamic cause was to be best served by focussing on the Indian Freedom Movement.
The Berlin-Indian committee (which became the Indian Independence Committee after 1915) also
resulted in an Indo-German-Turkish mission to the Indo-Iranian border to encourage the tribes to strike
against British interests. This group met the Deobandis in Kabul in December 1915. The mission, along
with bringing members of the Indian movement right to India's border, also brought messages from the
Kaiser, Enver Pasha and the displaced Khedive of Egypt, Abbas Hilmi expressing support for Pratap's
mission and inviting the Amir to move against India
The mission's immediate aim was to rally the Amir against British India and to obtain from the Afghan
Government a right of free passage.[8] But after the leakage of the plan, the top Deobandi leaders were
arrested—Hadhrat Mahmudul-Hasan (also known as Shaykh al-Hind) was arrested from Makkah and
together with Hadhrat Husayn Ahmad Madani, was exiled to Malta, from where, he was released in his
later stages of T.B.
Hey that's all wikipedia, four marks answer does not demand an essay

Reaction score
yes i know but ur questions are not valid according to the syllabus.. silk conspiracy is not a part of olevels pak studies

Reaction score
In Geography, what should be learnt from the book as i have Huma Naz Sethi. Can u emphasize on the topics.

Reaction score
In Geography, what should be learnt from the book as i have Huma Naz Sethi. Can u emphasize on the topics.
well as far as my experience is concern i would like to say dont focus on topography and climate.. just focus on rest of the topic. because if a question comes on topography highly chances are that climate would be attached to it.. so leave those and study from huma naz all the other topics like water forest mineral population..
trade and industries.. this tym industries and forest are important as well agriculture