• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Your future career?

Reaction score
This probably is just me ranting to feel a little better, may piss you off..

Any one else thought about being a Veterinarian or maybe a Dentist? They're well payed and are on demand in some countries, so chances to getting a job is good..
Well, I didn't even know what a veterinarian was till the age of 14 I think..
I had Petroleum Engineer, Agriculture, Dentistry and Veterinary in my mind when I chose my IGCSE subjects and when I got my results handed to me.. Well, the only choices I had left was Dentistry and Veterinary, and even now I can't find any university that'll accept my grades for foundation of science course which will then lead to Dentistry or Veterinary.

I got
B Physics
B Chemistry
B Biology
E Mathimatics
C ICT
C English
2 English Oral
And now I have to either apply to a course that I am not interested in at all or let my previous exam be utter failure and retake the exam once again, at the country I am currently living in (Kuwait) I can get into a university even if I get 2x worst grades than I already have, but that wont be worth it since there are no Dentistry or Veterinary courses available here.

I might consider other courses which require only B in 3 sciences and English I do not think they exist tho. I am really confused of what to do now, I can either continue A levels / retake IGCSE exam once again but these will waste me 3 years, I am 17 currently or I can improve my programming languages and hope I find a decent job.

Reaction score
There is a third option but its gonna be mighty tough
you can if you work hard, do both the a levels and retake the exams simultaneously
you start your a levels and in coming may june give a retake for igcse subjects ( those of which you can improve grade )
if all goes well, everything will become perfect :)

Reaction score
Hey !! im doing my IGCSE mayjune2014examinations but after that i have no idea wat to do .. there are sum careers that i actually wanna take but im soo confused.. the options i wanna go for in bachelors in psychology, bachelors in hotel management, bachelors in forensic science or engineering is the last option but its really gud and valued but i have no interest in any of the fields of engineering -_- yeahh ive an option of mass communcation too :p yeahh quite lot of options thats y im confused and all diffrent fields ..
i always wanted to be in intelligence department so i wanna take forensic science but its not really easy to get in there :/ and i lyk sciences as im doing my igcse in maths english phy chem computer studies soo i kinda think business is not my thing as my creativity sucks and imagining skills suck :p and one disadvantage of forensic sciences is in pak unfortunately no university offers that
then psychology yeahhh i kinda lyk to understand people and solve their problems, guide them is my thing too but the career opportunities are not soo vast
hotel management is a rising career nowadays so i wanted to take it and all that possibilities of workking in amazing hotels, resorts, cruises thats wat makes me interested in that ...
coming to mass communication it will be my option after forensic sciences and psychology it has many opportunities in that way its gud but as ive not studied subjects for business lyk accounting economics marketing and watever it includes so im kind of doubtful if ill be able to take those subjects if im not good in those subjects then an option of engineering which is a great degreee to make a career out of but no field is interesting to me when it comes to engineering :/

im really confused which subjects shud i take in alevels becz before choosing alevels i shud choose which degree i wanna take accordingly i wud choose the subjects ofcz ... in my school ryt now except for chemistry and english im taking every subjects tuition and preparing for my igcse on my own bcz no gud teachers in my skool all are frm cbse board just came frm india and stuff .. basic point is im scared to do alevels now so i was also wondering to switch my examination board after my igcse (olevels) and do highskool for the college years (11-12)

i want a gud degree by which i can live on my own whenever i want .. but when it comes to a department lyk inteligence i wud love to work my whole life
i really need help in this pleaseee guide.. really worried abt this

thanking in advance :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mass Communication is a dominantly science subject so you dont need to worry about the business subs
Psychology is an excellent option too
As for hotel management it depends, I sometimes get the feeling that it should be second priority because it depends on luck a lot and experience is extremely important than the degree

To decide these you should look at your aptitude:
If Physics and computers is good then mass communication
If bio then psychology
If neither then Hotel Management :)

Reaction score
Mass Communication is a dominantly science subject so you dont need to worry about the business subs
Psychology is an excellent option too
As for hotel management it depends, I sometimes get the feeling that it should be second priority because it depends on luck a lot and experience is extremely important than the degree

To decide these you should look at your aptitude:
If Physics and computers is good then mass communication
If bio then psychology
If neither then Hotel Management :)
im doing computers now and its the subject that i hate the most :p weell thanku soo much for the info and yeaa the point u told me abt hotel management was the only point i didnt think abt so that was also really helpful :) and yeaa isnt forensic science a good option ?

Reaction score
im doing computers now and its the subject that i hate the most :p weell thanku soo much for the info and yeaa the point u told me abt hotel management was the only point i didnt think abt so that was also really helpful :) and yeaa isnt forensic science a good option ?
Well forensic sciences isnt all Sherlock Holmes and CID :p , it is a pretty tough and stressful occupation
where do you intend to be in after this is important, In pakistan the situation of poilice is so bad that it would be extremely stupid to join here, About UAE I cant say as I dont know much about there :)

Reaction score
This probably is just me ranting to feel a little better, may piss you off..

Any one else thought about being a Veterinarian or maybe a Dentist? They're well payed and are on demand in some countries, so chances to getting a job is good..
Well, I didn't even know what a veterinarian was till the age of 14 I think..
I had Petroleum Engineer, Agriculture, Dentistry and Veterinary in my mind when I chose my IGCSE subjects and when I got my results handed to me.. Well, the only choices I had left was Dentistry and Veterinary, and even now I can't find any university that'll accept my grades for foundation of science course which will then lead to Dentistry or Veterinary.

I got

And now I have to either apply to a course that I am not interested in at all or let my previous exam be utter failure and retake the exam once again, at the country I am currently living in (Kuwait) I can get into a university even if I get 2x worst grades than I already have, but that wont be worth it since there are no Dentistry or Veterinary courses available here.

I might consider other courses which require only B in 3 sciences and English I do not think they exist tho. I am really confused of what to do now, I can either continue A levels / retake IGCSE exam once again but these will waste me 3 years, I am 17 currently or I can improve my programming languages and hope I find a decent job.

Since you have studied IGCSE subjects before, study hard for a year, master them.. and then retake them, to get A's.
That is the only way you can become a Dentist, or Veterinarian. Or else, you'll be forced to opt for another career, you are not interested in.
If you are dead-set on science career, then retaking IGCSE is the best option. I think!

But if you can find another career which you like, then move onto A-Level.

Reaction score
Hey !! im doing my IGCSE mayjune2014examinations but after that i have no idea wat to do .. there are sum careers that i actually wanna take but im soo confused.. the options i wanna go for in bachelors in psychology, bachelors in hotel management, bachelors in forensic science or engineering is the last option but its really gud and valued but i have no interest in any of the fields of engineering -_- yeahh ive an option of mass communcation too :p yeahh quite lot of options thats y im confused and all diffrent fields ..
i always wanted to be in intelligence department so i wanna take forensic science but its not really easy to get in there :/ and i lyk sciences as im doing my igcse in maths english phy chem computer studies soo i kinda think business is not my thing as my creativity sucks and imagining skills suck :p and one disadvantage of forensic sciences is in pak unfortunately no university offers that
then psychology yeahhh i kinda lyk to understand people and solve their problems, guide them is my thing too but the career opportunities are not soo vast
hotel management is a rising career nowadays so i wanted to take it and all that possibilities of workking in amazing hotels, resorts, cruises thats wat makes me interested in that ...
coming to mass communication it will be my option after forensic sciences and psychology it has many opportunities in that way its gud but as ive not studied subjects for business lyk accounting economics marketing and watever it includes so im kind of doubtful if ill be able to take those subjects if im not good in those subjects then an option of engineering which is a great degreee to make a career out of but no field is interesting to me when it comes to engineering :/

im really confused which subjects shud i take in alevels becz before choosing alevels i shud choose which degree i wanna take accordingly i wud choose the subjects ofcz ... in my school ryt now except for chemistry and english im taking every subjects tuition and preparing for my igcse on my own bcz no gud teachers in my skool all are frm cbse board just came frm india and stuff .. basic point is im scared to do alevels now so i was also wondering to switch my examination board after my igcse (olevels) and do highskool for the college years (11-12)

i want a gud degree by which i can live on my own whenever i want .. but when it comes to a department lyk inteligence i wud love to work my whole life
i really need help in this pleaseee guide.. really worried abt this

thanking in advance :)
dude... forensic science may not be a course offered by worldwide institutions except for a few handful that specialize in training agents for intelligence agencies and also you may first need to be trained as a police or armyman.......
First of all, this field is not what portrayed in a 2 hour movie...... Working for intelligence agencies or the police department is usually corrupt makes no sense...... But if you still wish to become one, go for a police job then specialize and apply for a forensic expert then move on for a job at an intelligence agency....... These sorts of jobs will mostly take away all your ethics and moral values................................. And you don't get to examinations,etc very often .IMO

Reaction score
dude... forensic science may not be a course offered by worldwide institutions except for a few handful that specialize in training agents for intelligence agencies and also you may first need to be trained as a police or armyman.......
First of all, this field is not what portrayed in a 2 hour movie...... Working for intelligence agencies or the police department is usually corrupt makes no sense...... But if you still wish to become one, go for a police job then specialize and apply for a forensic expert then move on for a job at an intelligence agency....... These sorts of jobs will mostly take away all your ethics and moral values................................. And you don't get to examinations,etc very often .IMO
rather true (y)

Reaction score
Well forensic sciences isnt all Sherlock Holmes and CID :p , it is a pretty tough and stressful occupation
where do you intend to be in after this is important, In pakistan the situation of poilice is so bad that it would be extremely stupid to join here, About UAE I cant say as I dont know much about there :)
yeahh ofcz it isnt but my interest goes in these kindaa stuff and everyone is not and cannnot be soo perfect so field operations sum people are there at the desks i wanna be one of them ... basically thats the thing that keeps me frm doing it cz unfortunately situation of pak isnt good sadly bad and here its lykk only the luckiest people are appointed by the agencies

Reaction score
agreed and yeaahh i knw thats its not the movies haha farrrrrrrr beyond it.. there many departments in the agencies except for officers aswell im looking forward for those posts ,,, yeaa the institution is one of the prbs.. in UAE theres no university that offers it and neither in pak -_-

Reaction score
Since you have studied IGCSE subjects before, study hard for a year, master them.. and then retake them, to get A's.
That is the only way you can become a Dentist, or Veterinarian. Or else, you'll be forced to opt for another career, you are not interested in.
If you are dead-set on science career, then retaking IGCSE is the best option. I think!

But if you can find another career which you like, then move onto A-Level.
Well, thanks..
I've thought about it quite a bit, already bought some AS and A2 Books and started learning, it seems I'll be going for A-Level GCE exams taking subjects Biology, Chemistry and Maths/Physics. I do not think I need to go to college for this since they're all useless in Kuwait..
Ranting about it did actually help. :X3:

Reaction score
I want to take engineering in future and I plan to do A-levels (CIE)
I am worried about the subjects I should take next year
I plan to take maths & physics but My third subject is a problem
I am stuck between AICT and Chemistry
In my school The Chemistry was of zero level and therefore I am not sure about it Also I am really good at computers but I love both but i want only 3 subjects
Please tell whether I should go for AICT or Chemistry
I love both and have scored quite well but I know my chemistry is not up to the mark
ALSO pls tell why u think so
Also I want to know more about CIE maths and Exdecel maths in a level in detail
Thanks

-shoaib672002