• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

XPF Member get's World Distinction!!!

Reaction score
Hi, I am very happy to announce that we have just received the news that my brother "xcalibur" has received an achievement of the highest order. By the Grace of Allah, he has received a "World Distinction in O Level Chemistry" or as some of you would say "Top in the World in O Level Chemistry" for the year 2010.

I congratulate him and thank him for giving our family this huge honor. Moreover, I especially congratulate and thank him for giving this honor to our beloved country "Pakistan"!!!

His Profile: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=802
His Result: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2488

Cheers and may Allah bless him with more success!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ooh Congratz!!
We have 3 Distinctions in our school. All of them in Computer Studies! (O-level)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
@Nibz.....Only one person can get a distinction !
Regional Distinction, Country-wide distinction and World-wide Distinction!! Does it ring a bell or shall I explain more?

Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
@Nibz.....Only one person can get a distinction !

No! it is Possible that More than One Candidate's Get's Distinction in the Same Subject !

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Does it ring a bell or shall I explain more?

Chill dude, no need to be so rude :p

More than one person can get a distinction in the same subject, for instance in 2009 a student in my brother's school got a World Distinction in Physics along-with three other students! It's possible because they must have all gotten the same marks/grades/percentile and their papers must have been equally good.

Another thing as mentioned is that there are three types of distinctions, Regional for example Top in Lahore, Country wide for example Top in Pakistan and World wide example Top in the World!

I hope that further clarifies any misconceptions.

Reaction score
I don't think there is a continent specific category as I have never seen that.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
but i've seen!...ppl in my school have got top in continent!!

Reaction score
That's strange I have not seen that ever in any Pakistani reports, maybe in other countries it's different.

Reaction score
Another update which we got yesterday:

He has been declared Top in the World in Chemistry by the CIE for the academic year 2010. Moreover, he is the only student to have got this position in this subject not only in Pakistan but also in the entire world. Meaning there is no joint World Distinction in Chemistry this time, so his distinction is UNIQUE!!!

Reaction score
@ MAVtKnmJ: Can you please tell me your brother's name? This is a great achievement. Absolutely magnificient.
And btw, multiple distinctions in the same category are definitely possible. We have 3 WORLD distinctions in Addmaths in my school, including me. And there are in total 12 in Pakistan. There are also about 14 WORLD distinctions in Pakistan in Mathematics. So its possible. There is no asian category. The list of guys with distinctions this year in Pakistan has been released, if anyone wants it, you can PM me or ask me here. I will post it.

Reaction score
Thanks for your input but there is a reason why I did not put up my brother's name ;) Congratulations on your distinction.

Reaction score
Sorry but I had to delete your post as you should respect his privacy.
I will PM you his name though :p

Reaction score
You really like to delete posts. :| I don't think there is anything private about this. I respect the guy who achieved the world distinction in Chemistry. And I am proud to know him. If you cared so much about his privacy, you shouldn't have made this topic. Since, his name is so prominent in the list released by CIE. And you can't do anything about that.
I hope you won\t delete this now.

Reaction score
I try to do my job as efficiently as possible ;)

Knowing someone in real life is completely different from knowing someone on an internet forum.
I posted this topic simply to share my happiness for what my brother has achieved for our family and country.
I don't see why we can't do that without giving out his bio-data.

Again I will say, it's our decision not to reveal his personal information and no one should have an issue with that. I'd do the same for anyone else who didn't want their name, location or identity made public on these forums.

I hope you understand and respect that decision.

P.S

Which chemistry distinction holder is your friend? My brother doesn't seem to know you, if you meant him and if your username is your actual name :geek:

Reaction score
I never said that my friend got a world distinction in Chemistry. By knowing, I meant that from XPF. Secondly, NAME isn't bio data. Now please don't give me dictionary meaning of 'bio data'. Anyways. I respect your decision, and I don't want to argue further. Your brother's name is just too sacred. :)

Reaction score
Sacred? Haha I never said or claimed that :p
Oh well let's just be happy of the achievements Pakistanis have gotten yet again!

Keep up the good work guys ;)