• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Worth getting English Lang (9093) rechecked?

Reaction score
So... I did both AS and A2 together, was expecting at least a B... turned out got an E :O
Is it worth getting it rechecked? How much would it cost?
Or should I let it be? As alot of people got good grades in other subjects but bad in english lang.

Reaction score
Xcatly iam so dissapointed with my grade i even got an E my xam went so well i was definately expecting a B ... i dunt really think we should continue with this subject i think its better to go for some other subject bcoz it was an utter dissapointment ... goood luck :)

Reaction score
First I thought of getting English rechecked, but then I thought, if everyone is getting such low grades, there isn't much of a chance of improvement.
And there is a possibility of getting your grade lowered too if you opt for rechecking.
I am satisfied with the results of my other two subjects, but don't know what happened with english.

Anyway, I'm done with it now. I can get my A level equivalence made now and got selected in my program/university of choice, so all is well.

Reaction score
I honestly don't mean to brag about myself but I have always thought very highly about myself as far as english language is concerned. I want to be a writer and I have been taking two english subjects and i even had an A in O levels. I've been writing blogs for a while now. I was even the magazine editor of my college and the entire college had known me for my writing skills. My teachers were expecting at least an A from me in english language and I did so well in my p1 and p2, I was dead sure about getting an A. As for p3 and p4, I was slightly hesitant and nervous because it's the first time we were all going to appear in those two papers and there wasn't much to practice on or a lot of material to work on. I took tuition for two months to work on p3 and p4 and I really thought that I did quite well on p3 an p4. The least I expected was a B but I was dead sure that i'd get an A but it's an E and I just don't believe it. Nobody does in fact. None of my teachers or my family :/ So far i have been hearing from everyone that they have gotten C's D's and mostly E's in english language :/

I had a friend who got A in her As and after giving her p3 and p4, her overall grade is a C . It's absolutely unbelievable to accept that we could get anything below than B in english language :/

Reaction score
It sucks... I feel for you.
Same here, I never considered English Language a subject requiring more than a day's study. The same way, I just went through some notes half an hour the night before my O level English exam (I was the only one in my class to appear in O1) and got an A.
I opted for 9093 in the last semester of A2, it wasn't taught at my school. I prepared for all 4 papers the last few days and I was confident it was a sure A or no less than a B.

Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I wasn't taking English as a piece of cake and I was working really hard going through marking schemes, working on p1's and p2's every now and then, I had covered past papers from 2006 onwards and then I even took tuitions for p3 and p4, so an E in exam feels like a nightmare. what was your grade?

Reaction score
I got ungraded :\ Even though i followed all their instructions and completed my paper. This sucks! Better to give Ielts or toefel! A level english is just so damn tough :mad:

Reaction score
It is. Haha, I guessed English would be my grace-saver :D but turned out the other subjects went pretty good and english was an utter dissapointment!

Reaction score
I honestly don't mean to brag about myself but I have always thought very highly about myself as far as english language is concerned. I want to be a writer and I have been taking two english subjects and i even had an A in O levels. I've been writing blogs for a while now. I was even the magazine editor of my college and the entire college had known me for my writing skills. My teachers were expecting at least an A from me in english language and I did so well in my p1 and p2, I was dead sure about getting an A. As for p3 and p4, I was slightly hesitant and nervous because it's the first time we were all going to appear in those two papers and there wasn't much to practice on or a lot of material to work on. I took tuition for two months to work on p3 and p4 and I really thought that I did quite well on p3 an p4. The least I expected was a B but I was dead sure that i'd get an A but it's an E and I just don't believe it. Nobody does in fact. None of my teachers or my family :/ So far i have been hearing from everyone that they have gotten C's D's and mostly E's in english language :/

I had a friend who got A in her As and after giving her p3 and p4, her overall grade is a C . It's absolutely unbelievable to accept that we could get anything below than B in english language :/
I even had an A in olevels but god knows what happened english this time was a total dissapointment especiallly when i was definately expecting A or a B .. well people get overr with it now .. and i willl suggest u all to drop out the subject because i had a lil chat with one of the consuellors of british council karachi and he advised me to drop .. he even told me abt few more canditates complaining the same thing so he finally asked me to drop it and he said he wont suggest this subject to students for atleast some more years until he gets an idea what does the examiner actually wants .... good luck everyone :)

Reaction score
I will be appearing for Paper 1 and Paper 2 English Language 9093 in the Oct/Nov examination session 2014.

Could anyone please help on how should I start studying for it? Names and links of the actual books will be helpful.