• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

World Highest

Reaction score
if more than one person gets 100% in a particular subject..how do you know who has achieved world highest? n when r world highests announced ?

Reaction score
both achieve highest man this is easy there can be two three or as many highest.

well its some weeks after exam result are given out.

Reaction score
in pakistan ? im not sure i got 100% in some subjects in nov 2010 session but nothing happened :|
i heard they r awarded in cambridge achievers awards the following year..is that ryt ?

Reaction score
If more than one person get 100% marks,the examiners check things such as handwriting,neatness etc. to give distinction to just one student.

Reaction score
mahnoori said:
If more than one person get 100% marks,the examiners check things such as handwriting,neatness etc. to give distinction to just one student.
This is not true. More than one candidate can get a distinction at the same level in the same subject and the same session (the candidates must have 100% uniform marks for that).

Reaction score
these kind of topics belong to help,ideas and suggestions next time plz post the topic in correct place

this topic will be moved to help,ideas and suggestions :)

Reaction score
Checking handwriting and neatness is pretty stupid in my opinion, what should matter more is how precise the answers are.

Reaction score
You get a Cambridge Outstanding Learners Award (distinction) if you have the highest marks in a particular subject in a given session, regardless of how many others share the award with you. Highest marks doesn't mean a uniform percentage mark of 100, but the highest sum of marks in the components. Precision, handwriting or your methods of solving the question do not deprive you of getting a distinction.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
You get a Cambridge Outstanding Learners Award (distinction) if you have the highest marks in a particular subject in a given session, regardless of how many others share the award with you. Highest marks doesn't mean a uniform percentage mark of 100, but the highest sum of marks in the components. Precision, handwriting or your methods of solving the question do not deprive you of getting a distinction.

how are the students notified ? after the results or around the time Cambridge Outstanding Learners Award is held ?

Reaction score
The Cambridge Outstanding Learners Awards are announced atleast 6 months after the examination session. For the June 2010 session, the awards were announced in January 2011. They relase a list of candidates who achieved the award on the web and also notify the respective schools of the candidate about it. The certificates are sent even later, as I am still awaiting my Additional Mathematics certificate for the June 2010 session. While, other students have recieved them.