• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

work sheets about virtual reality ??

Reaction score
my teacher asked me to download those worksheets (computer) from here
he mentioned the subject's code 0420 and then smthing abt AS and then he said choose number 1 so i dont get it :s plz sm1 explain how to get those worksheets !!!!

Reaction score
do u knw whts the diff. between speech recognition and speech synthesis ??

Reaction score
Text-To-Speech Synthesis (TTS)

This involves turning a string into spoken language that is played through the computer speakers. The complexities of turning words into phonemes, adding appropriate emphasis and translating the result into digital audio are beyond the scope of this paper and are catered for by a TTS engine installed on your machine.

The end result is that the computer talks to the user to save the user having to read some text on the screen.
Speech Recognition (SR)

This involves the computer taking the user's speech and interpreting what has been said. This allows the user to control the computer (or certain aspects of it) by voice, rather than having to use the mouse and keyboard, or alternatively just dictating the contents of a document.

Reaction score
Text-To-Speech Synthesis (TTS)

This involves turning a string into spoken language that is played through the computer speakers. The complexities of turning words into phonemes, adding appropriate emphasis and translating the result into digital audio are beyond the scope of this paper and are catered for by a TTS engine installed on your machine.

The end result is that the computer talks to the user to save the user having to read some text on the screen.
Speech Recognition (SR)

This involves the computer taking the user's speech and interpreting what has been said. This allows the user to control the computer (or certain aspects of it) by voice, rather than having to use the mouse and keyboard, or alternatively just dictating the contents of a document.
thnx again tht was very helpful (y)