• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Windows 8!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys! Anyone installed Windows 8, yet? I tried the Release Candidate and the Consumer Preview and found that my computer was 60% faster!!! Today I bought it online and it is just awesome!!! At last I can play angry birds on my laptop!

If anyone did, let me know what if you like it (or not).. :)

Reaction score
Been using it when it was released to MSDN users... :) Loving it! The boot up times, even more better with SSD. People still want the old start menu though. I did use Start8 for the first few weeks.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, so can I upgrade mine (for free, of course)?

Reaction score
Okay, so can I upgrade mine (for free, of course)?

If you bought a new laptop or PC in the past couple of months, you could get an offer to freely upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8, or you could just buy it for $40. (But there are other, illegal ways of obtaining it of course, and I will not discus them here, hint: torrents) :)

Reaction score
That will still cost $15 even if somebody has a legit Windows 7. There are isos available over the internet patched with the upgrading option for free, but they are too early in the development as the retail isos are just out. So better wait, or go with a clean install and use the activation method which works for 180 days. By then a proper crack will be up.

Reaction score
I searched online and found that the RTM (release to manufacturing) version was out since 15 oct. You could download that and use the 180 day activation method until a permanent activator comes out. Or just buy an authentic version online.

Reaction score
Download the required driver for Windows 7 32 or 64 bit as required. Just plug in the printer, make sure its ON and then run the driver installation. Windows 7 driver should work fine for now.

Reaction score
In fact Windows 8 driver is up for it. Download and as I said in my previous post to plug in the printer and run the downloaded file.