• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why is English Literature so annoying...?

Reaction score
Out of all the exams tomorrow, English Literature is definitely the worst. 2 and a quarter hours of writing bullshit that I couldn't care less about.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining about the pieces themselves; I enjoy reading. I'm complaining about the questions. It's like "How does X do X using language?". Well **** you sir, I'm sorry I can't explain how deep my analysis goes using the limitations you provide. It's as if the exam was made for stupid people that have shallow understanding so that they're able to describe what they feel. It just doesn't make sense; I have no interest in explaining how my mind works, a good writer will always be a good writer and that's all there is to it. I got an A* in my short story which I wrote for coursework, in case someone thinks I'm bashing Literature itself. No, I'm not. I'm bashing IGCSE Lit, because it's so damn useless. I once went into a discussion with two other clasmates of mine about a certain book, and our teacher told us that's how 'A' level Lit is like. I was over-*******-joyed; IGCSE Lit is made for simpletons and pisses the hell outta me.

Peace out.