• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why do a lot of people get A's in business studies?

Reaction score
I see a lot of people getting A's even though they study and everything. Why's that? I am taking business in november and would appreciate any help to make sure I get an A*. Should I study from the book or my teacher's notes? I usually study from the book cause it's always updated, to the point and a lot of teachers put things out of the syllabus to seem like they're adding more knowledge. Any help (absolutely any) in business is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I see a lot of people getting A's even though they study and everything. Why's that? I am taking business in november and would appreciate any help to make sure I get an A*. Should I study from the book or my teacher's notes? I usually study from the book cause it's always updated, to the point and a lot of teachers put things out of the syllabus to seem like they're adding more knowledge. Any help (absolutely any) in business is appreciated. thanks in advance.
Note:- These links and description are for IGCSE.
Study from both the book and the teachers notes to have the concepts cleared. The other main thing is solving past papers. Do as many papers as possible from 2004 to 2014, both May-June and October-November. Then do the march 2015 papers and the May June 2015 papers also to find out where you stand. The main key to getting a high grade in the IGCSE's are competing past papers. By the way is Business the only subject that you are doing or are you appearing for more than one subject?

2004 to 2014:-
http://www.igcsecentre.com/cambridge-igcse-past-exam-papers/

March 2015:-
http://www.gceguide.com/past-papers/igcse/

May June 2015 papers are not out yet and should be released in the next few weeks.

Good luck for your exams!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Study from both the book and the teachers notes to have the concepts cleared. The other main thing is solving past papers. Do as many papers as possible from 2004 to 2014, both May-June and October-November. Then do the march 2015 papers and the May June 2015 papers also to find out where you stand. The main key to getting a high grade in the IGCSE's are competing past papers. By the way is Business the only subject that you are doing or are you appearing for more than one subject?

2004 to 2014:-
http://www.igcsecentre.com/cambridge-igcse-past-exam-papers/

March 2015:-
http://www.gceguide.com/past-papers/igcse/

May June 2015 papers are not out yet and should be released in the next few weeks.

Good luck for your exams!
I am doing business studies and Physics AS, but I am really good at physics. And I mean a guy in the year above me (graduated now) has straight A*'s in everything but got an A in business... Everyone keeps saying it's really hard and A*'s are impossible. Pretty sure a lot of people do the past papers anyway.

Reaction score
I am doing business studies and Physics AS, but I am really good at physics. And I mean a guy in the year above me (graduated now) has straight A*'s in everything but got an A in business... Everyone keeps saying it's really hard and A*'s are impossible. Pretty sure a lot of people do the past papers anyway.
Oh you mean for AS level. I thought it was for IGCSE(Those links are for IGCSE). Isn't the pattern of studying the same in IGCSE and AS level, as in studying from the book and the teachers notes to understand the concept and doing past papers to understand the style of the paper and to time yourself.?

Reaction score
Oh you mean for AS level. I thought it was for IGCSE(Those links are for IGCSE). Isn't the pattern of studying the same in IGCSE and AS level, as in studying from the book and the teachers notes to understand the concept and doing past papers to understand the style of the paper and to time yourself.?
Nooo man Business Studies GCSE and Physics AS :D