• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why didn't anyone post a thread to discuss ICT paper 1

Reaction score
I wrote it well :p
I guess ill get maybe 80/100
I found the Magnetic Tape and Magnetic Disc Question a bit hard because i didn't do that part in revision.
How did you do ?

Reaction score
I dont remember a question like that
please remind me of that question and tell me which variant u wrote ??
I wrote it well :p
I guess ill get maybe 80/100
I found the Magnetic Tape and Magnetic Disc Question a bit hard because i didn't do that part in revision.
How did you do ?

Reaction score
i think the paper was easy but had specified answers ..people i know made mistakes like writing validation checks instead of normal,abnormal or extreme data...i found the magnetic disc part easy but i think for major questions which were marked out of 6 or 8 were a repetition and comparatively easy..there was nothing out of the course ..it was a comparatively 85+ paper..this is for variant 2.

Reaction score
I did variant 1 ... There was nothin new & it was a piece of cake :)
I just got confused in the validation check for (Have_brothers_or_sisters_at_school) . I didn't know what to write but I thought that I shouldn't leave it blank so I wrote "type check" ... bearing in mind that it was Boolean data :/

Reaction score
thats true but I named the field to be siblings
what about the field that had no validation check ??????
I did variant 1 ... There was nothin new & it was a piece of cake :)
I just got confused in the validation check for (Have_brothers_or_sisters_at_school) . I didn't know what to write but I thought that I shouldn't leave it blank so I wrote "type check" ... bearing in mind that it was Boolean data :/

Reaction score
Ya for that I wrote "last_name" .... which I believe is correct .... what did you write?!
I think "last_name" is not true because character check can be carried out on that field to make sure no digits are entered
I wrote address but im not sure that it is correct
for the true/false there was a question that stated that intranets can be expanded to extranets,what did u write there ?

Reaction score
I think "last_name" is not true because character check can be carried out on that field to make sure no digits are entered
I wrote address but im not sure that it is correct
for the true/false there was a question that stated that intranets can be expanded to extranets,what did u write there ?

But the first_name was no check too :/ & they didn't even mention address ... but one of my friends wrote the same thing as you.
I marked it as "TRUE" to be honest I am not really sure about it o_O.. what did you write?!

Reaction score
But the first_name was no check too :/ & they didn't even mention address ... but one of my friends wrote the same thing as you.
I marked it as "TRUE" to be honest I am not really sure about it o_O.. what did you write?!
NO I meant that a type check can be carried out on the name to make sure that the person typing details does not enter a number in the name field
that's how I thought
anyway no need for us to cry about 1 mark
I ticked "TRUE" too but not sure though

Reaction score
NO I meant that a type check can be carried out on the name to make sure that the person typing details does not enter a number in the name field
that's how I thought
anyway no need for us to cry about 1 mark
I ticked "TRUE" too but not sure though

You know what :rolleyes: u r absolutely right it is only one mark :notworthy:
YAAY I am sure that it is correct I checked it :)

And what more exams are you doing this oct/nov?!

Reaction score
You know what :rolleyes: u r absolutely right it is only one mark :notworthy:
YAAY I am sure that it is correct I checked it :)

And what more exams are you doing this oct/nov?!
u mean that intranets can be expanded to extranets or u r talking about the fields question ??
I had only ICT
what about u ??

Reaction score
u mean that intranets can be expanded to extranets or u r talking about the fields question ??
I had only ICT
what about u ??

I mean the "extranets" question..
OMG lucky you :') .... I am doing bio,chem, physics, english (second language), Arabic(first language), math & ict ^.^.

Reaction score
I mean the "extranets" question..
OMG lucky you :') .... I am doing bio,chem, physics, english (second language), Arabic(first language), math & ict ^.^.
why are u resitting a lot of subjects ???
what grades did u get in june ?????
did we have a 5 mark question about the expert system ??????? :unsure:

Reaction score
why are u resitting a lot of subjects ???
what grades did u get in june ?????
did we have a 5 mark question about the expert system ??????? :unsure:

Who said that I am resitting o_O ?!
It's my first igcse exams .. I did nothing in june :p

No we didn't have any question about expert system ..I guess :cautious:

Reaction score
Who said that I am resitting o_O ?!
It's my first igcse exams .. I did nothing in june :p

No we didn't have any question about expert system ..I guess :cautious:
what I know is that oct/nov is only for resits :unsure: (I am resitting ICT )
anyway ensha2allah u will get A* in all subjects !!!!!
so where do u live ??