• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Who is expecting distinction in Maths Paper?

Reaction score
Though i aint one of the lucky fortunate people who ace maths :cry: .....I think that till now Paper 1 was pretty easy and i am sure that everything goes well (Paper 2 is easy as well) then we might be expecting distinction on hand writing too !
As many people will easily be scoring excellent marks.....At least in my school 3-4 people expected distinction.....i wanna know how many expectations are there in the world !
:D

Reaction score
well it depends on maths p2. If it goes as well as p1 then hopefully i could expect a distinction...!

Reaction score
me too !! Paper 1 was very easy now lets wait for Paper 2 !! only time will tell that who gets the distinction or not !!

Reaction score
guys, how many marks get deducted if your method and everything is right but there's a calculation error?

Reaction score
lol they were 1 mark questions. i wrote the right answer then god knows did an error while rechecking and wrote the wrong one >_<

Reaction score
then you wont get any mark for that. sorry! There would have been a method mark if the question was of two or more marks.

Reaction score
Guys dont get your hopes up too much...I understand that paper went really well...but just hope for A or A*...Distinction is just bonus...Dont aim for the highest mountain...climb them one by one.

Reaction score
When you have high hopes is when you achieve something.

"High aim is not a crime but to aim low is"

Reaction score
But when hopes are high, u loose your concentration in the next papers, become over confident and afterwards, regret ur result..:/

Reaction score
thats called being overconfident. Having high hopes and being overconfident are two very different things!!

Reaction score
well i calculated mean ri8 but wrote da value wrong btw remaining paper was MASTERPIECE.!! so hope same for paper2

Reaction score
RaTeDRSuPeRsTaR said:
But when hopes are high, u loose your concentration in the next papers, become over confident and afterwards, regret ur result..:/

“In all things it is better to hope than to despair” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Being overconfident is one separate thing. I guarantee that you go into the examination hall with "high hopes" that you'll get an A*, don't you, rather going into the hall with low hopes that you'll never make it. Overconfident is when your sure about something and act cocky. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. I HOPE that your confusion is solved between these two distinctive words. :)

Reaction score
Very well explained.!!!
I think I can say "Come on bring it on" to tmorrows ppr without being called overconfident.