• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WHICH SUBJECTS SHOULD I TAKE IN A Levels?

Reaction score
guys i am planning to go to LGS JT so for sure i am not gonna do AS..i will appear in A...i cant decide on the subjects to take...

phy,chem,maths and economics..these 4 are final..bt thn i think i should take up Thinking skills as it will help me prepare for SAT 1..thn i think i should take up AICT as it is a double credit subject nd heard tht its relatively easier(i have taken comp stds at O lvl)..thn i think i shold also take up Law as i wish to give L-SAT..thn i think i should also take up eng literature as it will help me get some references for SAT 1 essay...KINDLY help me...i would be really grateful to everyone..

Reaction score
cheema123 said:
guys i am planning to go to LGS JT so for sure i am not gonna do AS..i will appear in A...i cant decide on the subjects to take...

phy,chem,maths and economics..these 4 are final..bt thn i think i should take up Thinking skills as it will help me prepare for SAT 1..thn i think i should take up AICT as it is a double credit subject nd heard tht its relatively easier(i have taken comp stds at O lvl)..thn i think i shold also take up Law as i wish to give L-SAT..thn i think i should also take up eng literature as it will help me get some references for SAT 1 essay...KINDLY help me...i would be really grateful to everyone..
AICT is good n easy!!and LGS JT is awesome!
dont go for too many as u might not have alot of time!

Reaction score
thanks for help but which subjects should i not take??everyone has an importance of its own...in O i have appeared straight in 9(taken bio and comp both)..so i knw that i can handle subjects(in this one 5 are major and three are relatively lighter) ...i would be really thankful if sum1 tells me tht which subject should i not take..

Reaction score
Go for thinking skills. It will not burden you as there is not much to study and you'll also get a chance to study under the counsellor of LGS JT, Sir Jazib, who teaches thinking skills here, so you will have the advantage of a better recomendation from the counsellor making your university application better. As far as AICT is concerned, it might be an easy subject but it is really difficult to get an A or an A* in it as the percentage of students who get an A* is relatively very low according to the CIE statistics. The same is with thinking skills, as only 0.9% candidates got A* last year but I told you its advantage in JT.
You are not supposed to do everything for your SAT, are you? :S English Literature and Law will provide great diversity for your subjects but they are studious subjects. I mean that you have to learn alot in these subjects, go through alot of notes and read ALOT. They are quite time consuming, though, you may keep English Language if you really want to prepare for SATs. But it is all about your choice in the end. You can change your subjects in the first week of your A1s and you are allowed to sit in any class you feel like for those first 7 days so you can get a better idea then, for now tick whatever subjects you want to take.

Reaction score
yr wanted to ask u sumthing mre...is the combination of phy,chem,maths,economics,AICT,urdu and thinking skills manegable???5 majors and two liightweights...

Reaction score
nd is it possible for me to appear in AS level urdu only?is such a thing allowed in JT?

Reaction score
I think they are a touch too much. Urdu isn't worth taking as a subject in A'levels. Plus, JT doesn't offers you to give it in the first year which will make it a burden at the end. You can manage the rest easily, since you don't have a double credit subject such as World History or Further Maths which consume alot of time. Anyways, best of luck with whatever subjects you choose. :)

Reaction score
^Second question already answered above. Though, you can go for complete Urdu syllabus privately. Many people do that.