• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which new book for new cie Cambridge 2016-2018 syllabus is better: hodder education or Cambridge

Reaction score
So I am planning to give my A levels within 2016 and am confused which book should I buy for the new cie cambridge syllabus for 2016-2018 for the science subjects. Physics, Chemistry and biology all have two versions of books for A level 2016-2018. One is from cambridge university press and the another from hodder education. However it is feasible for me to buy only one of each(either Hodder or Cambridge for each subject). So please help. Thank you :)

Reaction score
Hodder is good for revision. :)
Cambridge is good for full course learning

I have Hodder Physics revision guide by David Bevan.

Cambridge Physics by David Sang
and other one is by Chriss mee (great book)

Chemistry , Richard Woodside by Hodder publication, Cambridge Roger Norris and other one is by Ratcliff.

For maths.
Um.
by Sophee Dee (Spelling might be wrong) Really good books by her.

Reaction score
Hodder is good for revision. :)
Cambridge is good for full course learning

I have Hodder Physics revision guide by David Bevan.

Cambridge Physics by David Sang
and other one is by Chriss mee (great book)

Chemistry , Richard Woodside by Hodder publication, Cambridge Roger Norris and other one is by Ratcliff.

For maths.
Um.
by Sophee Dee (Spelling might be wrong) Really good books by her.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply... point noted :)

Reaction score
So I am planning to give my A levels within 2016 and am confused which book should I buy for the new cie cambridge syllabus for 2016-2018 for the science subjects. Physics, Chemistry and biology all have two versions of books for A level 2016-2018. One is from cambridge university press and the another from hodder education. However it is feasible for me to buy only one of each(either Hodder or Cambridge for each subject). So please help. Thank you :)
I think for Biology this one will be good my teacher suggested it and it s according to syllabus.
I don't have this book I have the third edition (it's alright) But fourth edition will be more updated.
ImageGen.ashx

Reaction score
I think for Biology this one will be good my teacher suggested it and it s according to syllabus.
I don't have this book I have the third edition (it's alright) But fourth edition will be more updated.
ImageGen.ashx
Okay... so the cambridge one again... so two vote for cambridge and zero for hodder... point noted again... Thanks

Reaction score
Hey can anyone plzz help me?! I lost all my hodder education student CD's for chemistry and physics and as levels are approaching the november series plzz i really need those CDs do anyone of u have them? Or any link to download them?? Plz help me i need them

Reaction score
Aoa
ImageGen.ashx
Aoa. I have the third edition of Mary jones Bio. Should I buy the fourth edition? I have to take A2 in 2016.

Reaction score
Aoa

Aoa. I have the third edition of Mary jones Bio. Should I buy the fourth edition? I have to take A2 in 2016.
Waalikumasalam
I also have the third edition and will give A2 Bio in 2016.If it is easily available in your area why not.:)
It says that it is: Fully updated to match new syllabus for first examination in 2016.

I have seen the book most of the info is same,the layout is a bit different though.
Obviously,they added a few topics that weren't in third edition and are mentioned in the latest syllabus.

Reaction score
lloooooooooooooooooooool