• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which books do i need????????

Reaction score
Hey guys i have just given my olevels and now going for alevels course. Can anyone please recommend the books i need for the following subjects??

Economics
Business Studies
Accounting
Mathematics

Reaction score
well dont know about Business Studies and Accounting

but

i would recommend you to get "BAMFORD" for ecnomics
and
for maths just get pastpapers along with marking schemes and examiner reports , practise atleast 10 years latest pastpaers of maths , because maths is all about practise :)

Reaction score
not really if you think you are comfortable with maths .
but there is no limitations you can get a book of maths to practise more and more skills
but my elder brother just did pastpapers of math and got and easy A :)

secondly ,
for BUSINESS STUDIES get this

Business Studies
(4th edition)

author
D. Hall, R. Jones,
C. Raffo, A. Anderton,
I. Chambers, D. Gray

Reaction score
thanks for the recomendations UxaiR
so if i do pastpapers from june 2000 to june 2010 would that be enough for maths :shock:

Reaction score
creative22 said:
thanks for the recomendations UxaiR
so if i do pastpapers from june 2000 to june 2010 would that be enough for maths :shock:

well i am not setting up limitations for you
i was saying ATLEAST 10 year latest pastpapers
you could do as many pastpapers as you wish to polish your skills but if you have done 10 years papers and you feel comfortable in solving them then it's OKAY :)

Reaction score
for A levels conomics BAMFORD is de best and for maths buy core maths and for business buy cie endorsed book by peter stimpson

Reaction score
is it possible to study economics and thinking skills on our own and in how much time period can this be done keeping in mind i dunt hve olevels background?pls reply!!!!!i need help

Reaction score
Salaam everyone, guys i need your help , i am taking the following subjects and i need to know which major books should i buy ? and those books could help me enough to score a A in A levels...

Maths
Physics
Economics
Biology
Urdu

Kindly tell me which books should i buy and are only required to to build concepts and cover everything in the above mentioned subjects...
Thanks

Reaction score
rehan sadiq said:
is it possible to study economics and thinking skills on our own and in how much time period can this be done keeping in mind i dunt hve olevels background?pls reply!!!!!i need help

well it depends on one's capability but as far as you are concerened you might take a long period of time as you do not have any o level background .
but if you work hard under supervision of a good teachers with good books and pastpapers along with marking schemes and examiner reports it would not be too difficult to get an A
BEST OF LUCK :)

Reaction score
rviboy said:
Salaam everyone, guys i need your help , i am taking the following subjects and i need to know which major books should i buy ? and those books could help me enough to score a A in A levels...

Maths
Physics
Economics
Biology
Urdu

Kindly tell me which books should i buy and are only required to to build concepts and cover everything in the above mentioned subjects...
Thanks

Maths -----> pastpapers+marking schemes/examiner reports or for further practise get the book
CORE MATHS
Physics----> abott (or) pacific
Ecnomics--> Bamford
Urdu-------> A-level Urdu NISAB
Biology----> Mary jones

Reaction score
i will recomand u not to do past papers so early.. do dem in end.. like 1 month before exam.. [ractice from differents books like core maths and p1 or add maths... past papers not so difficult and u may become leniant and say dat maths iz easy..... i starteed doin papst papers long time before examz and now worried weather will get A or not.

Reaction score
uxair sorry 4 late reply...btw thnx 4 the recommendations.well u must be knwing tht there r hardly ny teachers 4 thinking skills in karachi so i need to study on my own so yar can u tell whether it is possible.besides,do let me know the books as well 4 eco nd thinkin skills.