• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Where can i get examiner report for Pakst/history!

Reaction score
I really need help because FRANKLY my school is new to olevels and my class is the first batch! So technically I'm on my own :( and i really need to know HOW to attempt a question! i know the marking scheme so spare me that! :mad: :sick:

Reaction score
You need to know how to attempt a question ? Ok, so basically this is how you go about in Hisotry:

a) 4 marks question: Read the source. This is important as it gives you a basic idea of what your answer is supposed to contain. Also, you have to provide 4 FACTS in your answers e.g, (this came in the Oct/Nov 2013 paper)

How has the Pakistan government promoted Sindhi ?

So you can say, the government established the Sindhiology department in the Sindh Univerity, it established the Sachal Sarmast Academy, through print and electronic media and another fact which I cannot recall. Moreover, if you explain and analyse a fact you can be given two marks e.g The Pakistan governement established the Sachal Sarmast Academy to translate the works of the great Sufi poet Sachal (I forgot the full name) as well as the works of other prominent writers into Sindhi.

Estimated time to complete question: 4 minutes ~ maximum

Reaction score
b) 7 marks question: In this type of question, you only have to provide 3 reasons. However, you should know exaclty how to present a reason. A single reason consists of 3 parts, all in one paragraph. This includes stating the reasons, explaining it and then analysing it. For example, this is a popular question:

Why did the Mughal Empire decline following the death of Aurangzeb ?

One of the reasons for the decline of the Mughal Empire was the absence of any law of succession. (stating the reason) Whenever an emperor died, his sons would fight for the throne and usually the strongest contendors would come to power. These wars of succession shook the foundations of the Empire as not only was a great deal of money wasted, but also a large number of soldiers and commanders would lose their lives. (explaining the reason you state) As a result, the treasury began to drain away and the military strength of the Mughal army began to erode. This weakened the Empire from within and also enocuaraged anti-state actors like the Marathas to rise up against the emperor. Resultantly, the Empire declined. (analysing the reason, this is the most important part and this is usually where candidates mess up. In the first two parts, you presented and explained a reason but it is in the analysis that you tell how exactly did the lack of any law of succession contribute towards the decline of the Mughal Empire. If you just give a reason without an analysis, you dont score marks)

So like this, if you give 3 PROPER and WELL-EXPLAINED reasons, you can expect to gain 7 marks.

Estimated time to complete: 7 minutes ~ maximum

Reaction score
Finally, the big kitty, the 14 mark question. In this question, you have to give 7 reasons in the same pattern as I stated above. However, there are a few things you need to understand.

Usually the question is set like this.

The Morley-Minto Reforms were the most important reforms introduced by the British between 1909-1919 ?

Now, the examiner has given you 1 side of the question i.e the Morley-Minto reforms. So you have to give 2-4 reasons about the importance of these reforms. After doing so, you then say: However, there were some other reforms aswell. You then proceed to give 1-2 reasons about the Lucknow Pact and then 1-2 reaons about the Montague-Chelmsfored Reforms. However, you WILL not give more the 7 reasons. Once you've stated all your reasons, you then pick 1 REASON you think was the most important and in 1-2 lines you tell why do you think it was the most important reason. If you do this, you can get 14 marks.

Sometimes, a 14 marks question can also be set regarding successes and failures e.g how successful were the Round-Table conferences or how successful were British attempts to take control of land in the subcontinent. In this type of question, you provide 3-4 (not more then 4) failures and 3-4 successes e.g the 1st round-table conference (RTC) was successful because it was decided to introduce a federal system of government...etc...give 1 or 2 more. Then you say: however, there were some failures as well. Then you give the failures e.g, the first RTC failed because Congress didn't attend and the minorities subcommitte couldnt reached an agreement etc..In the end, you say whether the RTC's were successful or not and why.

If you frame your answers on this pattern, you CAN GET 14 marks, quite easily infact.

Reaction score
If you don't understand any point or are confused, please feel free to ask. I'll gladly help. And here is the link for the examiner reports:

https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/useful-stuff-compiled-for-pak-stud.12411/

Oh thank you soo very much! now i have something to follow! I've had SIX different teachers! and all of them messed up big time in our school; Thus you are a big Savior. But do tell me do my marks get deducted if i don't state a date? like what era was shah wali ullah from?

Reaction score
Oh thank you soo very much! now i have something to follow! I've had SIX different teachers! and all of them messed up big time in our school; Thus you are a big Savior. But do tell me do my marks get deducted if i don't state a date? like what era was shah wali ullah from?

A date counts as a fact in a 4 mark question so if you get it wrong there, you don't SCORE any marks. Remember, there is no negative marking in Cambridge so getting the date wrong wont result in a loss of marks, you will merely not achieve any. In the 7 and 14 marks questions, mentioning dates will help to reinforce your point but you still can get away without doing so, provided that you are stating strong points that are properly analysed. But trust me, you'll get a hang of the dates easily. After all, you are going to be studying History for a year ( two maybe?), so don't worry.