• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

when to appear for SAT?

Reaction score
as'salam u alaykum. when does one usually appear for SAT I? and should we use Barron's or the princeton review?
some of us are thinking of appearing as soon as possible after these vacations. :)

btw a friend says that it is valid for only a year or so. and the score can not be used when we actually apply for universities- in A2- about 2 years later.
i need help.

Reaction score
ok. iheard the validity of the score is upto 5 years. so need help with only the ideal time and book.

Reaction score
salam

Give it soon as possible. Register as soon as possible so seats arent filled. Choose a good venue where you have proper chairs (prefer NOT a marriage hall). If you are in lahore, choose LUMS or Choueifat as your venue. Do collegeboard blue book and either barrons/princeton review. You must do these 2. Barrons and PR are difficult than the test but highly recommended for practise as paper is unpredictable.

There is also wordsmart1 and wordsmart 2 by princeton review, you must do 1 and 2 is optional. You have to learn the meanings of all these words. Before you begin give a diagnostic test online, to check where you stand now

Wordsmart words must be on ur fingertips. An academy is not preferrable. A friend of mine with 8A's or so in olevels got 2400 in SAT1, so u can achieve high

Reaction score
for the essay write both sides of the page, discuss both for and against the topic
Make 5-6 paragraphs, 1st for introduction (why this topic is important etc, how it affects individuals, society, political relations, economy etc), 2nd,3rd, 4th and 5th paragraphs are your arguments (2 for, 2 against), last is the conclusion. Practise with 2 min less, you MUST MUST write your FULL conclusion, otherwise you wont get a good score in the essay
examples are preferred from history, literature and the least preferred are from personal experiences. One paragraph has one example, this will keep things simple.
Give a conclusion like saying " I do agree with the topic to this extent but I do think that we should also keep the other thing in mind as well etc etc etc. Thus my alternative is ................................. whatever"

Reaction score
salam

Give it soon as possible. Register as soon as possible so seats arent filled. Choose a good venue where you have proper chairs (prefer NOT a marriage hall). If you are in lahore, choose LUMS or Choueifat as your venue. Do collegeboard blue book and either barrons/princeton review. You must do these 2. Barrons and PR are difficult than the test but highly recommended for practise as paper is unpredictable.

There is also wordsmart1 and wordsmart 2 by princeton review, you must do 1 and 2 is optional. You have to learn the meanings of all these words. Before you begin give a diagnostic test online, to check where you stand now

Wordsmart words must be on ur fingertips. An academy is not preferrable. A friend of mine with 8A's or so in olevels got 2400 in SAT1, so u can achieve high

Salam
Can u provide with the link for an online diagnostic SAT test?

Reaction score
as'salam u alaykum. when does one usually appear for SAT I? and should we use Barron's or the princeton review?
some of us are thinking of appearing as soon as possible after these vacations. :)

btw a friend says that it is valid for only a year or so. and the score can not be used when we actually apply for universities- in A2- about 2 years later.
i need help.
SAT 1 scores will b considered upto 5 years. so u dunt need to worry abt time. u can appear for it in this Oct , and November . it has math, english language and writing esay. english needs attention cz words are very tough and time is short. math is mostly wat v already learnd in O'levels however there r few concepts lyk lograithms and permutations dat are also included. u can give it even after giving AS exams cz then u will no greater stuff abt math too nd hence u can complete SAT easily.
nd it depends entirely on the university u want to go to. sum may accept ; sum may not. so u can check dat stuff on ur prioritized univ's website. :)