• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What will be the response?

Reaction score
i was planning on writing a book. Solved Past papers + concepts of how its done. What do you guys think? Will people buy it, for price of like $5-6?

Reaction score
please don't move the post to any other forum. I want response from people here.

Reaction score
Don't know about others, but i will buy it for sure sir! :D. I think you should go for it and take help from xpf people in designing and other stuff.if it's of good quality,and you get a good publisher, little bit of advertisement , and the right people for the job then surely people gonna buy it! Good luck bro!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Good idea but I, probably, won't buy "Solved Past papers + concepts of how its done" coz I like to do my practice papers myself.... nothing like tackling a problem, without much means of help, in equiping u against it.
but I wd buy "+ concepts of how its done" happily if its written well.
a well written book can keep the reader's attention/interest for extended periods.. Also it usually uses much stories and analogies...

Reaction score
I think it will not be worth it. There are already too many past papers books available in the market, with most of them neglected by the students. Before your book makes a name for itself, 3 to 4 years will have been passed and you would have to update the material. Plus, the availability of marking schemes and examiner report online will atleast not lure me towards a new author. It would be better to write a book like the KEY POINTS consisting of the concepts and not necessarily solved past papers. You may include a few questions for practice but that's all.

Reaction score
Very bluntly, no resource is more valuable than the mark schemes and examiner reports published by CIE. Solved past papers would subsequently not be much appealing. I, for one, would buy your book ONLY if it:
1. Focuses on the concepts and succeeds in establishing them clearly/effectively.
2. Covers the entire syllabus
3. Includes exam-pattern questions.