• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

what to choose physics or bio???CONFUSED

Reaction score
Assalam Alaikum i have just finished my o-levels and got an A in both bio and maths now I want to choose between these two for As level and i am really confused:( i dont know what to really chooseo_O I like both the subjects bio is interesting but verrrrry lengthy and maths too is interesting but sometimes i make silly mistakes
so please help me out here that which will be more easier for me
my school starts next week...i am also taking physics and chemistry :)

Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to do medical, you'll need Bio. If you're leaning towards engineering, you'll need Math. If you're prepared to work hard and dedicate your time to preparation, you could probably do both. However, if you're going to a Pakistani university, the extra wont count when your equivalence is calculated. Remember, the equivalence is 8 O-Level subjects and 3 A-Levels. So in that regard, the extra subject will be useless, unless you just want to do it for yourself. If however, you want to apply abroad, then the extra will definitely be helpful. Lots of ifs and buts, but don't get confused. Opt for both, study them for a month or so, and if you feel they're not your cup of tea, then you can drop the extra one. So, are you going for medical or engineering?

Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to do medical, you'll need Bio. If you're leaning towards engineering, you'll need Math. If you're prepared to work hard and dedicate your time to preparation, you could probably do both. However, if you're going to a Pakistani university, the extra wont count when your equivalence is calculated. Remember, the equivalence is 8 O-Level subjects and 3 A-Levels. So in that regard, the extra subject will be useless, unless you just want to do it for yourself. If however, you want to apply abroad, then the extra will definitely be helpful. Lots of ifs and buts, but don't get confused. Opt for both, study them for a month or so, and if you feel they're not your cup of tea, then you can drop the extra one. So, are you going for medical or engineering?
thats a good iedea to study both for while well i am sure that i will go to pak so i dont think so i should take something extra it will just waste my time i am really an unplanned student i dont still know what to choose medical or engineering

Reaction score
Like I said, for Pre-Medical, you'll need Biology and for Pre-Engineering, you'll need Mathematics. Since you're undecided, it would be a good idea to opt for both and this would also allow you to gauge the workload for both subjects. There are a lot of people who give both subjects so it's nothing new, but be prepared to work really hard for your grades.

Reaction score
You should know the fact that a level maths is preferable even for medical field while bio is just extra load when you really want to do engineering