• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WHAT SUBJECTS HAVE YOU TAKEN FOR AS/A LEVELS?

Reaction score
Greetings

I just want to find out how many subjects are you (the reader of this topic) currently doing . How many AS and A levels subjects are you doing
I am taking 6 subjects this year on AS:
Maths
English
Physics
Chemistry
Computing
History

And I will be doing these subjects next year on A level:
Maths
Physics
Computing

Why Am I telling you this? , I just want to find out whether I will cope on taking 6 AS subjects, and 3 A level subjects to be completed within a 2 year span. I will really appreciate any valuable recommendations!
:lol:

Reaction score
yup.. u can cope with around 7 subjects in AS level...while around 4 in A2...
it's ur right choice..

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!
Well as for me..i'm doinng bio chem physics and maths ...complete A level
well if u workhard nothings impossible :cool:
InshaAllah u'll do it!

Reaction score
I'm taking AS Math, Physics and Business Studies. I guess if you work hard, you'll do just fine. ;)

Reaction score
switch said:
Greetings

I just want to find out how many subjects are you (the reader of this topic) currently doing . How many AS and A levels subjects are you doing
Maths
English
Physics
Chemistry
Computing
History

Maths
Physics
Computing

Why Am I telling you this? , I just want to find out whether I will cope on taking 6 AS subjects, and 3 A level subjects to be completed within a 2 year span. I will really appreciate any valuable recommendations!
Well its a good choice ! but why exactly r u taking history?!

Reaction score
I am forced to take history!!! , school forced me , but I don't see the use in it? , 5 AS subjects seen more than efficient considering the fast that I will take 3+ A level subjects!

Reaction score
switch said:
I am forced to take history!!! , school forced me , but I don't see the use in it? , 5 AS subjects seen more than efficient considering the fast that I will take 3+ A level subjects!
Just check again cuz its not easy to manage even 4!

Reaction score
I'm planning to pursue a career in journalism. So I'm thinking of taking Sociology, Eng lit, Economics, Urdu lang, Media Studies and Thinking Skills. So do you think they are a suitable combination and if I will be able to manage?

Reaction score
Greetings

Maths
English
Physics
Chemistry
Computing
History

Maths
Physics
Computing

You can definitely cope up with 6 subjects, you just have to work a little hard. And still, in AS(for the first year), they teach you all the basics and basically build a foundation, so you'll probably be missing the most challenging part anyway....... so good luck anyway....
I am taking math, physics, economics, psychology and most probably law.......

Reaction score
You can definitely cope up with 6 subjects, you just have to work a little hard. And still, in AS(for the first year), they teach you all the basics and basically build a foundation, so you'll probably be missing the most challenging part anyway....... so good luck anyway....
I am taking math, physics, economics, psychology and most probably law.......
Please consider my case as mentioned above.

Reaction score
I'm planning to pursue a career in journalism. So I'm thinking of taking Sociology, Eng lit, Economics, Urdu lang, Media Studies and Thinking Skills. So do you think they are a suitable combination and if I will be able to manage?
Well definitely you'll be able to manage them because your subject choice is comparatively in the softer side(easy subjects, except eng) but then again, it actually depends on your level of devotion and ability to work hard.......
Go through the following sites and you'll get your complete answer:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090823023643AAXPA6l
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071103141744AAk3qSj
http://www.journalism.co.uk/journalists/forum/index.php?topic=487.0

Reaction score
Greetings

Maths
English
Physics
Chemistry
Computing
History

Maths
Physics
Computing

Well man it depends how able you are to effectively allocate your time to each subject and consistently keep on track with each, doesn't matter how many you take, what matters is that you have the confidence to cope up, and never give in to pressure, believe in your ability to ace each of them, i have experience as i took the following at the 2012 M/J AS level:
Mathematics
Economics
Computing
Accounting
Business Studies
All 95+
And this M/J 2013 A level:
Psychology
Mathematics
Economics
Computing
Accounting
Business Studies
So yea depends on your ability to maintain the required amount of As or A*s you are aiming to attain