• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What if I below the lines?

Reaction score
no they cant cut ur marks cuz theres no negative marking in o level... they would probably give u less marks if u dont complete ur answer in the space they provide....i suggest that if ur answer is long then take an extra sheet...
but beware , when u take an extra sheet ul have to bind the booklets together at the same time, they wont give u time to bind it after the ppr ....

Reaction score
dude i think ur wrong cuz ive experienced this dilemma myself.... my centre was in Aisha Bawany... and although the paper clearly stated that "fasten ur work after the paper" the invigilator forced me to fasten it right away... she said that xtra time for fastening is not allowed!!

Reaction score
Im now telling you what happened in my islamiat paper in 2012... here is the application i sent to me school to be given to the british council.
Dear teacher,
Assalamu Alaikum

The reason for my application to you is to complain about the unfair treatment of the invigilator in the Islamiat paper. Please note that the paper was Islamiat paper 2 (2058/02). My candidate number is 0016 and the school code is Pk 628. The paper was of 90 minutes. The room in which I gave the paper was 9 on second floor of Ayesha Bawany Academy at Shariah e Faisal Karachi.

I was given 3 pages for doing a question. Both for part A and for part B. During the paper I used all the three pages for my part A of question 3. Thus I asked the female invigilator for an extra sheet for doing my part B in. when she returned with the extra sheet I quickly wrote my name and center etc on it . She told me to punch a hole in the booklet (the original answer sheet) so that i could attach it to the extra sheet. I tried to punch a hole with my pen as she did not give me anything to punch a hole with. After about half a minute I decided to do it afterwards. I asked the invigilator if I could do the settling afterwards but she replied that I won’t have time afterwards. She went away and because of time pressure I started to write again. Then she returned giving an extra sheet to Waqar Ahmed (candidate of my school) and to Usama Irfan (candidate of my school). She came towards me and ordered me to punch a hole. This time she stood next to me and using the extra sheet (which had already a punch hole on it) made me make a mark where i was supposed to make a hole. Using my pen I tried to make a hole which did not work. Seeing that, the invigilator took out a metal scale from my pouch and gave it to me. I used it to no avail as the booklet was too thick (16 pages). Then i used my pencil and then my pointer respectively ,both of which got their nibs broken in the process , leaving a very thin hole. She then gave me a thread and asked me to pass the thread through the hole and join the booklet and extra sheet with it. (The extra sheet consisted of 2 pages). But the hole was not big enough for the thread to go through. The invigilator then took a fat pen from Usama and gave it to me but it also did not work. By this time i was really panicked as only 20 minutes were left and i had a whole question still left i.e Q2. (I had already done my other questions by now that are Q1, Q3 AND Q5. I also want to tell you that for a question you at least require 25 minutes. Q1 is an exception which only require 15 minutes). I tried to force the thread in with my pointer. . . And after much tries i finally got the thread in the hole and tied the two booklets together. Another problem that occurred was that immediately after tying the booklets i could not find my pen to write with. I looked around and saw that the invigilator had given it to Waqar to punch a hole in his booklet. I asked for it and then she gave it to me. To be sincerely honest I had only about 15 minutes remaining which I used to do my remaining question but failed to do so. At the end of the examination i still missed a portion of part a of Question 2 but did not miss any part of any other question. After the paper I checked the instructions at the front page of the paper which is word to word as follows 'At the end of the examination, fasten all your work securely together'. I told the invigilator about this but she replied that you do not get time after the paper to fasten your work together and you have to do it between the examination. I told her that i missed 10 minutes because of making a hole in a booklet. I further told her that she took my pen. She flatly replied that she returned it as soon as I asked for it. (But she failed to understand that the blue pen was not with me and i had to ask for it ). I got frustrated with her unhelpful response and left for the complain office. I asked for the person responsible and a person directed me to the control room. Here i talked to a person and told him what happened and also told him that the paper states that you have to settle your sheets after the examination. He told me that you do not get extra time for paper settling after the examination and he also said that you have to complete your answer within the question paper and that the invigilators do not know who will take the extra sheet. He further stated that they were just the deliverers and that they could not do anything to help me and that I should tell the incident to my teachers and the school principal and ask them to email my complain to the CIE. I told him about the other 2 students that got affected too which are Waqar and Usama. Lastly he asked me about my room number which i promptly told him.
I request you to please take just action about what happened .Why was I not given a punch machine or a stapler which would not have cost me precious time? Why did the invigilator took my writing pen without my permission and to punch a hole in another candidates booklet? I am now seriously worried about the result. I would be very grateful for your help. Jazakallah U Khairan.
Your sincerely,
Muhammad Fahd-Un-Nabi Khan