• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What if a foreigner takes English Literature and U.S History for SAT2?

Reaction score
I am a chinese student, studying A-LEVEL course in China but would like to go to the States for college.

In my present wicked school, there are only subjects about Science, Businees, and Economics available. Which means that there is No humanity subjects! No literary ones! No social ones!

I got worried cuz I would like to focus on social, literature or humanity majors in college, neither those awful science nor maths. Then I decided to take English Literature and U.S History for my SAT2.

What bothers me, is that I cannot get any training for Literature and History from my present high school cuz theres no such subjects. Plus, I am a Chinese, surely cannot use English as well as my first language. Language isnt a problem in Science subjects but does become a truly existing problem when I take Literature and History subjects.

Now my friends and teachers are all persuading me not to take such decision but just take Maths II, Physics, Chemistry for SAT2 like what all other Chinese students did. Is being unique good?

Its kinda frustrating to me not to have their support. I was full of passion but right now I feel like I am exhausted and, confused.

IS THERE ANY FOREIGNER WHO TAKES LITERATURE OR HISTORY OR BOTH FOR SAT2 ?

Could u share some experience with me? <3 lets inspire each other