• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What grade will I get? (A-Level Mathematics)

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of people ask you guys about which grade do you think they will get, and they always received very thoughtful and helpful replies, so I thought I would ask you the same! Any help would be much appreciated!

So, I sat the complete A-Level curriculum in one exam session (this exam session), and here are the results I believe I will get:

P1 60+/75 (60 marks or more out of 75)

P3 36/75

S1 30/50

S2 39/50

What would my final grade for A-Level Mathematics be? I was originally aiming for B, but I don’t know what exactly it could be now.

I ask you kindly to be strict in your assessment – I don’t want to count on the grade thresholds being extremely low just so that I could maaaaybe get an A, I would much prefer a reasonable and likely assessment.

Thank you in advance! (y)

Reaction score
Probably not an A, but most probably a B.
Do you think I would be a "safe" B (somewhere between the thresholds for B and A), or would I be a B, borderline with C? In other words, should I even worry about getting a C, or do you think I should be pretty confident about getting a B? P3 wasn't excellently written, and that's what's worrying me most.

Reaction score
Do you think I would be a "safe" B (somewhere between the thresholds for B and A), or would I be a B, borderline with C? In other words, should I even worry about getting a C, or do you think I should be pretty confident about getting a B? P3 wasn't excellently written, and that's what's worrying me most.
The thresholds for B have been 142-188 in the last three years, but most of them are in 150s and low 160s, so a mid B is what you'll get probably, as you're hoping 165+. P1 and P3 will have lower thresholds this year probably and S1 will have a higher one. No idea about the S2 though. So overall, they will be on the lower side I think.

Reaction score
The thresholds for B have been 142-188 in the last three years, but most of them are in 150s and low 160s, so a mid B is what you'll get probably, as you're hoping 165+. P1 and P3 will have lower thresholds this year probably and S1 will have a higher one. No idea about the S2 though. So overall, they will be on the lower side I think.
This certainly is VERY good news for me! Thank you, friend, for putting my mind at ease! Knowing this will only encourage me complete the rest of the exams in this exams session ever better! Thank you again!

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of people ask you guys about which grade do you think they will get, and they always received very thoughtful and helpful replies, so I thought I would ask you the same! Any help would be much appreciated!

So, I sat the complete A-Level curriculum in one exam session (this exam session), and here are the results I believe I will get:

P1 60+/75 (60 marks or more out of 75)

P3 36/75

S1 30/50

S2 39/50

What would my final grade for A-Level Mathematics be? I was originally aiming for B, but I don’t know what exactly it could be now.

I ask you kindly to be strict in your assessment – I don’t want to count on the grade thresholds being extremely low just so that I could maaaaybe get an A, I would much prefer a reasonable and likely assessment.

Thank you in advance! (y)
B is not bad, but just pray you don't get C.
But I know I'll end up with B, so I am repeating, coz in uni I want to go, they need A's!
Dammit! Check university you wanna go, what they expect from you :)
I wanna go in Stanford ! I Hope I get A this time!
All the best for your result! Hope for B Wish you get A :)

Reaction score
can u predict the threshold for me ? i gave AS last year may june 2013 P1 min marks for an A were 59 and M1 it was 34 and i gave A2 this year p3 and P6 what do you think the threshold would be for an A ? what could be the min marks for P3 and P6 ths year ?

Reaction score
can u predict the threshold for me ? i gave AS last year may june 2013 P1 min marks for an A were 59 and M1 it was 34 and i gave A2 this year p3 and P6 what do you think the threshold would be for an A ? what could be the min marks for P3 and P6 ths year ?
For P6, probably 38 or 39. Haven't given P3 this year, but from what I've heard it'll be below 50.