• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What are you taking in AS/A-Level?

Reaction score
Actually, from what I read, in the Highly desirable A Level/IB Higher Level in a third mathematics/science/technology subject is suggested, and F.Maths is strongly encouraged, or alternatively all the Mechanics modules in Mathematics.
You're right!

Haha, I just summarised a third Math subject as Further Math so as to not complicate things more, but yes that's what's written on the website. Thank you!

Reaction score
Guys, I really need your help here !
I am planning to pursue a career in Aviation (Aeronautics) and I am not sure which subjects to pick for AS levels, and should I go for A levels? and I made a huge mistake this year by only giving 4 IGCSE's ... -_- .. Now I planning to give the remaining 2 (Chem and Maths) along with AS Level Physics and Maths .. will I be able to do it? .. plzz need help !

Reaction score
Guys, I really need your help here !
I am planning to pursue a career in Aviation (Aeronautics) and I am not sure which subjects to pick for AS levels, and should I go for A levels? and I made a huge mistake this year by only giving 4 IGCSE's ... -_- .. Now I planning to give the remaining 2 (Chem and Maths) along with AS Level Physics and Maths .. will I be able to do it? .. plzz need help !
Give Chemistry and Maths this October/November, or else you won't be able to give your AS properly. And of course you should go for A-levels, what kind of question is that?
As for subject selection, did you have English as a first language in IGCSE? If not, you'll have to take it in AS. AS/A Physics and Maths is compulsory, and take the Mechanics modules of Maths. All universities require an additional third science subject, so take your pick out of F.Maths, Chemistry or Design and Technology. I would suggest Chemistry, but if it's too hard for you, then go for Design and Technology.

Reaction score
Give Chemistry and Maths this October/November, or else you won't be able to give your AS properly. And of course you should go for A-levels, what kind of question is that?
As for subject selection, did you have English as a first language in IGCSE? If not, you'll have to take it in AS. AS/A Physics and Maths is compulsory, and take the Mechanics modules of Maths. All universities require an additional third science subject, so take your pick out of F.Maths, Chemistry or Design and Technology. I would suggest Chemistry, but if it's too hard for you, then go for Design and Technology.
Thanks alot! , I'm really confused between all this A Level and AS Level stuff! .. and I gave English as a second language, so rounding it off, you're telling me to take up 4 subjects in total those being, Physics Maths English and Design and Tech !

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm nearly finished with the IGCSEs :)
But I've been researching on everything from universities, to SAT, to IELTS, to TOEFL, to UKCAT/BMAT, to post-graduation for 3 years :D
Wow mashallah! You seem to be so prepared! That's great! :)
If you don't mind could you please share some of your precious research information? :)
As in.. Could you plzz brief all of us about SAT, IELETS, TOEFEL, scholorships, etc..
It'd be of great help to all users here :) I'd be extremely grateful :)
P.S> I'm from the UAE and have just got over with the June 2014 session too :) I had written two exams (Environmental Management and Urdu) last year and just gave 6 other exams in this session (i.e. ESL, Bio, Chem, Physics, ICT, Maths). I plan to persue a career in medicals... So could you pleaaaseee suggest on what I should do for A/AS level?? Your advice would truly be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
here no info regarding subjects is given , many if my friends and cousions ddnt have maths in AS bt still managed to get admission without any issues abt maths
anyways thnx
Go under Entry requirements>Further requirements>Course requirements :)

Wow mashallah! You seem to be so prepared! That's great! :)
If you don't mind could you please share some of your precious research information? :)
As in.. Could you plzz brief all of us about SAT, IELETS, TOEFEL, scholorships, etc..
It'd be of great help to all users here :) I'd be extremely grateful :)
P.S> I'm from the UAE and have just got over with the June 2014 session too :) I had written two exams (Environmental Management and Urdu) last year and just gave 6 other exams in this session (i.e. ESL, Bio, Chem, Physics, ICT, Maths). I plan to persue a career in medicals... So could you pleaaaseee suggest on what I should do for A/AS level?? Your advice would truly be appreciated :)
I will be creating a blog and a separate thread for this purpose, so if possible, can you wait for a while? I will finish this by 14th June, because I have a few personal matters to attend to, and I still have my EM exam :( However, if you require the information immediately, please inbox me, and I will try to get to you ASAP.