• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ways to improve handwriting

Reaction score
hey guys
my handwriting is almost illegible!
my teachers say that my paper may not be checked by cie
even i fear so!
can someone help plz?!?!

Reaction score
hey guys
my handwriting is almost illegible!
my teachers say that my paper may not be checked by cie
even i fear so!
can someone help plz?!?!

Same situation. Mine is even worse because I'm cross-dominant but I write with my left, so usually I smudge the page when I write in English (which happened in the iGCSE exams too). My teacher gave me her 5-year-old daughter's handwriting practice book, but it hasn't gotten a lot better since then :/

Reaction score
I guess you should practice writing a little in your spare time and try to have control over your hand...at first try writing slowly but neatly then again go a bit faster this time but make sure your writing is still legible...and so on. Don't work on making your writing too fancy like cursive writing. Rather...i think it'd be better if you kept your writing simple and not joined. Here's an idea of a sort of legible handwriting (it's the best i could using paint!) It just comes out of practice, so keep practicing. Handwriting.jpg

Reaction score
I guess you should practice writing a little in your spare time and try to have control over your hand...at first try writing slowly but neatly then again go a bit faster this time but make sure your writing is still legible...and so on. Don't work on making your writing too fancy like cursive writing. Rather...i think it'd be better if you kept your writing simple and not joined. Here's an idea of a sort of legible handwriting (it's the best i could using paint!) It just comes out of practice, so keep practicing. View attachment 14743

Wow that's 100 times better than mine.. even if you used a mouse xD I don't know how not to write in cursive, I've been taught cursive since I was a child and now every time I try writing the letters separately in words I end up spacing them too far or doing something like writing a sentence which goes of the line too much or something like that! I also have a hard time writing straight, my letters and words are usually slanted to the left a bit.. If I do write slowly as you said, it usually turns out decent but when I rush which I usually do if I'm doing a test or something, it's just ruined :( But thanks for the tips!

Reaction score
assalamu alaikum, Warrior66 is right... you just need to give some time to your handwriting. Maybe write a page a day with neat handwriting and try writing faster as well, but gradually too.
I had the same problem. Not bragging , my english teacher used to tell me that I was an A* student, but I might get a B or C due to my handwriting, and he told me to practice on those handwriting books too. You can practice on them as well. There's no shame in it, you got to improve... Try the non- joint handwriting like Warrior66 told...

Reaction score
I guess you should practice writing a little in your spare time and try to have control over your hand...at first try writing slowly but neatly then again go a bit faster this time but make sure your writing is still legible...and so on. Don't work on making your writing too fancy like cursive writing. Rather...i think it'd be better if you kept your writing simple and not joined. Here's an idea of a sort of legible handwriting (it's the best i could using paint!) It just comes out of practice, so keep practicing. View attachment 14743
assalamu alaikum, Warrior66 is right... you just need to give some time to your handwriting. Maybe write a page a day with neat handwriting and try writing faster as well, but gradually too.
I had the same problem. Not bragging , my english teacher used to tell me that I was an A* student, but I might get a B or C due to my handwriting, and he told me to practice on those handwriting books too. You can practice on them as well. There's no shame in it, you got to improve... Try the non- joint handwriting like Warrior66 told...
but my problem is
ive got my boards coming in less than 2 months
:(

Reaction score
ok so the thing is that why don't you do this: Whenever you are practicing past papers or just revising...make sure your writing is neat...that way you won't be wasting your time and nor will you be leaving your writing to be horrible and messy. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
ok so the thing is that why don't you do this: Whenever you are practicing past papers or just revising...make sure your writing is neat...that way you won't be wasting your time and nor will you be leaving your writing to be horrible and messy. Hope this helps!
even i hope so :)
thnk u :)
many ppl have been telling me what u did..and like there's a slight improvement

Reaction score
If you just keep TRYING to write in a neat way, then eventualy bit by bit you will improve. Dont expect results in such a short amount of time