• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very Small candidate in trouble`

Reaction score
Best of luck, first of all. Commerce is very easy and i have already posted tips for that as a reply to another topic. For economics, take good care of command words. Give first priority to the command word, and the second to the marks. For example, if a question asks u to explain something and is for 2 marks; dont think that its only 2 marks and merely define it. Go on to give further details such as types, main advantage, main disadvantage, etc. Choose your questions wisely. do not do any question on economic systems. even though they seem easy they do not yield u alot of marks, as this is a non-technical topic. Learn q1 topics very nicely; skip economic systems and another topic u do not like.

Again, BEST OF LUCK!

Reaction score
the main thing in commerce is to know the commercial language,commerce is the matter of understanding is not the subject were you may cram.time is too short so the best thing is to WORK with past papers with marking schemes and REFER TO YOUR BOOK.REMEMBER MARKING SCHEMES ARE USED BY TEACHERS TO MARK OUR PAPERS.their not for US.US we USE IT TO CHECK OUR ANSWERS NOT TO TAKE THOSE ANSWERS TO CRAM THEM and THINK THAT THEY ARE FULLY GIVEN ANSWERS.in marking schemes answers are not fully answered thier is JUST SUMMARY of ANSWERS.so we have to refer to THE BOOK,TO PROVE OURSELVES AND SO THAT WE GET PROPER AND DO NOT FORGET THE ANSWERS.
BEST OF LUCK!!

Reaction score
Books contain a lot of irrelevant info, and if u consult them at the last moment ur concepts might get mixed up. You shud use the book to grab concepts, not to get answers. Thats what marking schemes are for. No offense to anyone, but marking schemes are very useful and give us an idea as to what the examiner would assess. They also provide info that books can not provide us. U come across various new ideas. And if u use the marking scheme to grade ur own answers then you can find out ur weak areas and work on them. U r supposed to study from the exam point of view to obtain maximum marks.

Reaction score
i might agree at a point of view but most people study frm books and dont even sneak through p.papers bt still they get good grades how is this possible?u say Books contain a lot of irrelevant info BUT thats not irrelevant info infact their making us understand the concept.infact the view goes upon the learner using books or studing p.pprs with m.ss

Reaction score
Mustafa-777 said:
Commerce is not that hard you get a wide variety of Questions to choose from - enjoy life
thats wat i tell ppl! its a free A*. But some ppl like to take tension! i dunno y?

Reaction score
Taha Tehseen said:
Hi everone. I have just started my O' Levels this year from September 2010 at Beaconhouse Defence Lahore and am already giving my papers for October session of Economics 2281 and Commerce 7100. My parents expect a lot from me and I also want to achieve A* in both subjects Insha Allah.
Any tips????

Pst. I am only 13 years old.

aww..best of luck lil baby bro =)
inshAllah ull do good..i wud have helped buh im a A2 sciency =P

Reaction score
yousafs c said:
Best of luck, first of all. Commerce is very easy and i have already posted tips for that as a reply to another topic. For economics, take good care of command words. Give first priority to the command word, and the second to the marks. For example, if a question asks u to explain something and is for 2 marks; dont think that its only 2 marks and merely define it. Go on to give further details such as types, main advantage, main disadvantage, etc. Choose your questions wisely. do not do any question on economic systems. even though they seem easy they do not yield u alot of marks, as this is a non-technical topic. Learn q1 topics very nicely; skip economic systems and another topic u do not like.

Again, BEST OF LUCK!

Can u plz give me link

Reaction score
Taha Tehseen said:
yousafs c said:

Again, BEST OF LUCK!

Can u plz give me link
For your paper 2 make sure that u go through all the questions before selecting the one's u would do. This is to make sure that you read every part of the qst and r satisfied with it. Be precise in ur wording with the 1,2 mark questions. Don't write vague sentences. For the next parts be very sure that u are answering "in the context" of the question which is the situation that is given in the questions. If you do not apply ur answer well to the question u may end up in a B! (even though u r a very gud candidate) Its one of their major assessment objectives to test context. For the last question, don't write introductions. Start with reasoning. 4 solid points, well explained would be gud enough. Lastly write a concluding paragraph. You should show clear judgment in that of what you have written above.
....Do all questions this way and u may end up with an A*.

BEST OF LUCK!

The link to the notes is:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/20908652/Comm ... or-O-Level

Enjoy!

Reaction score
yousafs c said:
Taha Tehseen said:
yousafs c said:

Again, BEST OF LUCK!

Can u plz give me link
For your paper 2 make sure that u go through all the questions before selecting the one's u would do. This is to make sure that you read every part of the qst and r satisfied with it. Be precise in ur wording with the 1,2 mark questions. Don't write vague sentences. For the next parts be very sure that u are answering "in the context" of the question which is the situation that is given in the questions. If you do not apply ur answer well to the question u may end up in a B! (even though u r a very gud candidate) Its one of their major assessment objectives to test context. For the last question, don't write introductions. Start with reasoning. 4 solid points, well explained would be gud enough. Lastly write a concluding paragraph. You should show clear judgment in that of what you have written above.
....Do all questions this way and u may end up with an A*.

BEST OF LUCK!

The link to the notes is:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/20908652/Comm ... or-O-Level

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot but i wanted to ask wheather capitals and profits of business and specialized markets(freight, stock) and wheather we have to learn about Lloyds and Baltic.

Reaction score
profits and capitals are very easy and often come. forget specialized markets and lloyds and baltic. they r not even in the syllabus!

Reaction score
yousafs c said:

Again, BEST OF LUCK!
What are q1 topicx?

Reaction score
Taha Tehseen said:
yousafs c said:

Again, BEST OF LUCK!
What are q1 topicx?
q1 topics are international trade, factors of production, demand and supply, and the costs of a business. these r the topics that come in q1.

Reaction score
there are no set question topics for commerce. in economics also we have for q1 because that is compulsory!!!!!!!!