• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very important!

Reaction score
Anyone giving CIE As Thinking Skills? Or gave it before? Please enlighten me how to get a very good grade! I finished the text book , did many past papers! Still i suck at paper -.- This shit is such a bad buzz! I hope i end up with an A* somehow!

Reaction score
Anyone giving CIE As Thinking Skills? Or gave it before? Please enlighten me how to get a very good grade! I finished the text book , did many past papers! Still i suck at paper -.- This shit is such a bad buzz! I hope i end up with an A* somehow!
Ironic how i was about to make the same thread on this. My sentiments exactly! Specially the mathematics mcq's. I cant get more than 17 right.

Reaction score
Not many do TS as its not needed for any course. Dont know why your doing it tbh.

Reaction score
In the entry tests of ivy league universities, children are given whole papers of thinking skills. It holds alot of importance when you give entry tests for universities.

Reaction score
Holy **** :O Same here!!! I cant get above 17 - 19 no matter how many past papers i solve! Such a bad buzz :( Added to that i took it this jan after dropping Chem! Another bad buzz -.- !!! Btw what are you planning to do to improve your grades?

In the entry tests of ivy league universities, children are given whole papers of thinking skills. It holds alot of importance when you give entry tests for universities.

Reaction score
Same hereeee. I took it after dropping arts. I have no idea about what i can do. Ill just do the textbook again and solve the papers again. I JUST HOPE THE PAPER IS EASY! :p

Reaction score
That myt even get us in a worse situation u knw :p what if the threshold for A is too high!!! :/ Do u have eco btw?

Reaction score
You write the SAT and if needed any essays required by a university. Doing CIE TS wont help in the slightest for admissions. Its also on the banned list for many universities - meaning you need 3 A Levels excluding TS. It's not really ment to be studyed as a subject, more like a do it on the spot type of skill.

Reaction score
You write the SAT and if needed any essays required by a university. Doing CIE TS wont help in the slightest for admissions. Its also on the banned list for many universities - meaning you need 3 A Levels excluding TS. It's not really ment to be studyed as a subject, more like a do it on the spot type of skill.
My seniors applied into those universities. In their entry test of University of Cambridge, they were given a past paper of thinking skills. Thats where it helps. And im talking about the entry tests, not the requirements for admission :)

Reaction score
@Zephyro - Come on man ! We have an xam in a week and now we are talking abt why we took the subject :S Seriously! :p TS is pretty awesome!!! Not only it helps all the other subjects it also develops you as a person! Trust me man! It was worth it! Dropping chem was one of the best decisions i ever took! I wish i took TS from the start of the academic year! Anyway for now lets hope we all end up with good grades!

Reaction score
Bi*** Puhleez.... math part was the easy one, if u can't do that, well then there isn't much you can do. :p
On a serious note, try doing as many past papers as you can WITH time restriction, specially p4, and p3. Time is always big factor in TS, no matter how good/bad you are.

Reaction score
Bi*** Puhleez.... math part was the easy one, if u can't do that, well then there isn't much you can do. :p
On a serious note, try doing as many past papers as you can WITH time restriction, specially p4, and p3. Time is always big factor in TS, no matter how good/bad you are.
I dont have P3 and P4 :p And true its hard to finish on time! Both P-1 and P-2 !!! I'll be trying to solve more past papers! Did u give the exam?

Reaction score
I dont have P3 and P4 :p And true its hard to finish on time! Both P-1 and P-2 !!! I'll be trying to solve more past papers! Did u give the exam?

Lucky u, for this subject, no one can help/guide you much. For math part, maybe you can try doing more practice and try thinking out of the box, look for easier ways to reach to the solution. For any problem you're stuck on, post it here and maybe other could help, its all about how you approach a problem.
And yeah, i sat way back in 2009, as an extra subject.

Reaction score
Hey people! im also giving TS as an extra subject ( composite) though Im in AS. I havent done a single past paper yet :/ and havent even read the book! does that mean i CANT get an A*? actually i took it up on impulse ( another friend was giving it too ) andd i also have Urdu A level paper 3 (texts ) tomorrow which i am about to start so i probably wont get any time for TS. :S but god news is that I asked a senior ( who i kinda know ) who got a distintcion in TS and he told me that he took the TS composite exam with hardly any practise or studying, and got an A. another girl from beaconhouse margalla ( last year) got a distinction in TS with an A ( not A*) ..no one in Islamabad region got an A* she told me :S dont know why. but well, the point in telling u all this is that the threshold are very low and this subject doesnt necessarily requre practise to get an A. its more of a common sense/basic thinking stuff... good luck! btw those who have studied the subject: do u find it hard? which paper do u find hardest? and if i do get time to practise for P1 and P3 and P4, which one do u think should i spend time doing past papers of? P3? p4? please do helppp. thanks!

Reaction score
Hey people! im also giving TS as an extra subject ( composite) though Im in AS. I havent done a single past paper yet :/ and havent even read the book! does that mean i CANT get an A*? actually i took it up on impulse ( another friend was giving it too ) andd i also have Urdu A level paper 3 (texts ) tomorrow which i am about to start so i probably wont get any time for TS. :S but god news is that I asked a senior ( who i kinda know ) who got a distintcion in TS and he told me that he took the TS composite exam with hardly any practise or studying, and got an A. another girl from beaconhouse margalla ( last year) got a distinction in TS with an A ( not A*) ..no one in Islamabad region got an A* she told me :S dont know why. but well, the point in telling u all this is that the threshold are very low and this subject doesnt necessarily requre practise to get an A. its more of a common sense/basic thinking stuff... good luck! btw those who have studied the subject: do u find it hard? which paper do u find hardest? and if i do get time to practise for P1 and P3 and P4, which one do u think should i spend time doing past papers of? P3? p4? please do helppp. thanks!

In AS level, one cant get an A*, A is the highest grade that we an get. Annddd just make sure you know the reliability criteria for paper 2! and yes, time management is pretty hard. Btw i have urdu paper 3 tomorrow too. Any guesses? :p