• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

U's

Reaction score
Why is U given and what are examples of cases that a student might get a U?

and do they give 2nd chances or anything before giving a student U if he turns around but just looks around?

since they have the video footage

Reaction score
U means ungraded. I'm no expert but I think this would be given in case a candidate misses his/her exams. And no, if you turn around and start eyeballing papers, you wont be given a U. Most probably, the invigilator will just give you a stern warning. I also don't think CIE has video camera's installed in the examination hall. They serve no practical purpose other then the fact the examiners really like to see 20000 students take an exam.

Reaction score
U means ungraded. I'm no expert but I think this would be given in case a candidate misses his/her exams. And no, if you turn around and start eyeballing papers, you wont be given a U. Most probably, the invigilator will just give you a stern warning. I also don't think CIE has video camera's installed in the examination hall. They serve no practical purpose other then the fact the examiners really like to see 20000 students take an exam.

oh because my exam hall has a video camera and our CIE Coordinator says they'll send the video footage to Cambridge to check for cheating or stuff like that. and all i did was looked around to see how everyone was doing, the invigilator didn't even see me

Reaction score
oh because my exam hall has a video camera and our CIE Coordinator says they'll send the video footage to Cambridge to check for cheating or stuff like that. and all i did was looked around to see how everyone was doing, the invigilator didn't even see me
guilty feeling ;)

Reaction score
The coordinator is probably trying to scare you and dissuade you from resorting to cheating. Just think about it. Would someone actually sit and watch an hour and half long footage of students taking an exam ? And let's say, someone does this and actually spots a candidate cheating. What can he do ? He'll go the examiners and say: The 7th student in the 3rd row is cheating. Who is he ? I don't know. What's his candidate number ? I don't know. What does he look like ? I don't know. Get out of here please.

Reaction score
The coordinator is probably trying to scare you and dissuade you from resorting to cheating. Just think about it. Would someone actually sit and watch an hour and half long footage of students taking an exam ? And let's say, someone does this and actually spots a candidate cheating. What can he do ? He'll go the examiners and say: The 7th student in the 3rd row is cheating. Who is he ? I don't know. What's his candidate number ? I don't know. What does he look like ? I don't know. Get out of here please.

Loll, but isn't written on the statement of entry that any attempt of cheating is given a U or something like that?

Reaction score
Why is U given and what are examples of cases that a student might get a U?

and do they give 2nd chances or anything before giving a student U if he turns around but just looks around?

since they have the video footage

woah video footage? i don't think c.i.e is rich enough to install cameras in all the centres. and the centres you talkin about must have had camera pre-installed before . bad luck for you then mate :D

Reaction score
Dude they wont give you a U for that. U is the lowest grade which is awarded when a candidate scores lower than 40% marks in his/her examinations.

Reaction score
U means ungraded. I'm no expert but I think this would be given in case a candidate misses his/her exams. And no, if you turn around and start eyeballing papers, you wont be given a U. Most probably, the invigilator will just give you a stern warning. I also don't think CIE has video camera's installed in the examination hall. They serve no practical purpose other then the fact the examiners really liifke to see 20000 students take an exam.

if ur absent u get an"X" on ur marksheet and u get a U bcoz u failed tht paper!

Reaction score
x-cheating,result late .
u-<40% nothing else.
AND IF YOU ARE CAUGHT CHEATING BY CIE , THEY SEND A X WITH A APPLICATION SAYING TO THE SCHOOL TO EXPLAIN THE CHEATING CASE IN DETAIL AND SEND THE SITTING PLAN,AND INVIGILATORS REPORT ETC AND IF YOU ARE PROVED CHEATER YOU GET MARKS DEDUCTED IN THE ANSWER THAT MATCHES WITH SOME OTHER CANDIDATE COMPLETELY, NOT IF ITS SIMILAR COZ YOU WERE TAUGHT BY THE SAME TEACHER. NO MARKS ARE CUT IF U LOOK BACK BRO. IF THEY KNOW YOU LOOKED BACK THEY MATCH YOUR ANSWERS WITH OTHER CANDIDATES THAT'S ALL.

Reaction score
x-cheating,result late .
u-<40% nothing else.
AND IF YOU ARE CAUGHT CHEATING BY CIE , THEY SEND A X WITH A APPLICATION SAYING TO THE SCHOOL TO EXPLAIN THE CHEATING CASE IN DETAIL AND SEND THE SITTING PLAN,AND INVIGILATORS REPORT ETC AND IF YOU ARE PROVED CHEATER YOU GET MARKS DEDUCTED IN THE ANSWER THAT MATCHES WITH SOME OTHER CANDIDATE COMPLETELY, NOT IF ITS SIMILAR COZ YOU WERE TAUGHT BY THE SAME TEACHER. NO MARKS ARE CUT IF U LOOK BACK BRO. IF THEY KNOW YOU LOOKED BACK THEY MATCH YOUR ANSWERS WITH OTHER CANDIDATES THAT'S ALL.

Some of my friends cheated from eachother in the chemistry practical exam, they all got U's in chem

Reaction score
Some of my friends cheated from eachother in the chemistry practical exam, they all got U's in chem
then either they both made the same mistakes or they were both extremely careless and no they donot give a U to cheaters U is basically given to those who havent got sufficent marks required for atleast a E grade

Reaction score
dude
x-cheating,result late .
u-<40% nothing else.
dude when u cheat u get pending result "X" is only for absentees....