• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

URGENT HISTORY HELP

Reaction score
I am confused about the 14 mark questions in history.I have read that we have to give 7 points and explain.
My question is do we have to start a new paragraph after each point being explained.
Also do we need to give pros/cons in all 14 mark questions ?

What is the weightege of 14 mark questions.

Can someone explain in detail and simplistic language.

Also how should i prepare.I have just barely some days left and i am starting my preparation on 21st may and ill be giving history on 5th.

Anyone has any suggestions.i cant spend more than 3 days on history now.

Reaction score
If it is of any consolation, I sit my hisotry exam on the same day InshaAllah. Fourteen marks questions basically test the basic information and side points of a certain topic. There are different types of fourteen marks questions. Suppose you are asked about why Shah Wali Ullah was an important muslim leader. In these types of questions we generally answer the Why part with supporting examples. But here when you are supposed to write about the event in the you also have to write about the importance and the achievements of the other leaders (for example, Haji Shariat Ullah & Syed Ahmad Shaheed Barailvi).
I would suggest you refer the book The History and Culture of Pakistan by Nigel Kelly. It will help a great deal :)
If you still have any doubts, seeing as I myself am preparing, you can mail me ([email protected]) whenever :)

Reaction score
I wanted to know how many points will i have to write etc in these different type of 14 mark questions

Reaction score
Every teacher have different methods of attempting the 14 marks questions. But the most common one is which you already know. that is you have to write 8 points total pros and cons. e.g. how successful ? = you have to give successes and failures. 8th and final point is conclusion. My teacher taught me this method and also it is explained in nigel kelly. I have attached some examples too..Hope you understand otherwise feel free to ask. Please pray for my exams. Thanks

Attachments

• Mix Q-As (Summer Task- O2).docx
    28.5 KB · Views: 8