• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

urgent help required in pk std

Reaction score
Can anyone plz answe the following queation.I know its not a complicated one but i.dont have enough points to get good marks in this question.
Q a What problems are caused in agriculture if :
i)Rainfall arrives early
ii)Rainfall arrives late
iii)Rainfall varries every year
b How can the problems you have given can be overcomed?
This question is frm J 2002 and so doesnt have any mark scheme and examiner report has no point

Reaction score
Can anyone plz answe the following queation.I know its not a complicated one but i.dont have enough points to get good marks in this question.
Q a What problems are caused in agriculture if :
i)Rainfall arrives early
ii)Rainfall arrives late
iii)Rainfall varries every year
b How can the problems you have given can be overcomed?
This question is frm J 2002 and so doesnt have any mark scheme and examiner report has no point
Q. What problems are caused for agriculture if rainfall arrives early, late or if the amount of rainfall varies from year to year?

Early:
v Harvesting of Rabi crops is affected.
v Early monsoon means more rainfall thus floods occur.
v Sowing of Kharif crops is also affected.

Late:
v Late monsoon means less rainfall.
v Barani areas are affected more because farming in these areas depends upon rainfall.
v Less rainfall may lead to draught conditions.
Variations:
v Barani farming is affected if less rainfall occurs.
v Farmers need to arrange irrigation supplies to their fields which are expensive.
v Rain that comes in heavy showers destroys crops.
v Fields are flooded if more rainfall occurs destroying crops.

Q. How problems arising from uneven rainfall could be reduced?

v Storage in reservoirs, barrages, ponds and tanks during high rainfall reduces floods and provide water for use in dry period.
v River embankments, diversion canals and Afforestation on mountain slopes also reduce floods.
v Weather forecast to guide farmers about the upcoming conditions.

Reaction score
Q. What problems are caused for agriculture if rainfall arrives early, late or if the amount of rainfall varies from year to year?

Early:
v Harvesting of Rabi crops is affected.
v Early monsoon means more rainfall thus floods occur.
v Sowing of Kharif crops is also affected.

Late:
v Late monsoon means less rainfall.
v Barani areas are affected more because farming in these areas depends upon rainfall.
v Less rainfall may lead to draught conditions.
Variations:
v Barani farming is affected if less rainfall occurs.
v Farmers need to arrange irrigation supplies to their fields which are expensive.
v Rain that comes in heavy showers destroys crops.
v Fields are flooded if more rainfall occurs destroying crops.

Q. How problems arising from uneven rainfall could be reduced?

v Storage in reservoirs, barrages, ponds and tanks during high rainfall reduces floods and provide water for use in dry period.
v River embankments, diversion canals and Afforestation on mountain slopes also reduce floods.
v Weather forecast to guide farmers about the upcoming conditions.
Thanx