• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

URGENT help needed: Is it better to do AS and A/Ls separately than doing it in one go?

Reaction score
assalamu alaikum people. please reply to this thread asap. I badly need the answers to decide. :) thanks in advance

Reaction score
well,
it depends on if your doing it for the first time,
If yeah,then you should definitely give it separately,as together with A2 would b a burden if u havent sat ur A lvls b4...n u might not do so well altogether.
in this case,it is advisable that u sit ur AS first and see where u land.
But
if you have given ur AS and ended up wid unexpected grades and r looking 4 repeat,then u should give it altogether....
as in one go....as this would improve your concept of the course and u might b able to get good results in the end.

Reaction score
I'm doing it for the first time but the thing is I sort of have financial problems and we're trying to minimise costs as much as possible. Besides stress, is there any other benefit in doing AS separately?
Thanks alot, btw :)

Reaction score
if you r a bright student,u might make it altogether.
The other benefit which i can think of is that if u give ur AS now,u might recieve ur results of AS
considering on this ,u might jus regive ur pprs while studying A2, saving time(,if unfortunately you didnt get expected grades.)
but if u give it altogether and end up wid an overall bad grade....then u would have 2 waste an year
dunno
if u work hard...anything is possible
suit yourself.

Reaction score
assalamu alaikum people. please reply to this thread asap. I badly need the answers to decide. :) thanks in advance

Well I would suggest you to give both As and A levels together...because as you mentioned above your family is having some financial issues so this will help you to minimize your costs and the other benefit which you would get from this is that the grade thresholds for you to get any grade will go down by 8-9 marks and sometimes 12, but the burden on you towards your studies will increase, if you think you can handle this kind of pressure then giving both the levels together is the best option for you!:)

Reaction score
Well I would suggest you to give both As and A levels together...because as you mentioned above your family is having some financial issues so this will help you to minimize your costs and the other benefit which you would get from this is that the grade thresholds for you to get any grade will go down by 8-9 marks and sometimes 12, but the burden on you towards your studies will increase, if you think you can handle this kind of pressure then giving both the levels together is the best option for you!:)

Thanks for taking your time, bro. I really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
Dude.....just go for for it..

It is a bit difficult ..tthats it..

U just need to stay focus and nthng else..

Best Of luck Man!

Reaction score
As long as you don't take loads of subjects, you'll be fine. Stick with the minimum, and you'll make it through with a D or C.