• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent Help--> Maths

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

I just want to know,regarding P1 of Maths-9709, that for sketching graphs for functions questions are done on graph paper or is it just a rough drawing?Eg..in Q;10 =>http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9709%20-%20Mathematics/9709_s04_qp_1.pdf

Actually havent done this chapter yet...so wanted to know...

plz answer soon!

JazakAllah Khair :)

Reaction score
You should practice this on an actual graph paper because in the examination you will need to sketch this on a graph paper.
This is one of the easiest topic but requires good concepts. If you need help, I can provide you with some good tips.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yeah! actually we have to do pastpapers...teacher will be taking this topic in the next few days...InshaAllah!! so i just wanted to know shud i leave space for a graph paper in my notebook :) lolz :p

anyways..yeah u can give me tips...it'll be a great help...looking at the questions...i think it isn't thaat hard!!
thanks a lot in advance

Reaction score
I'll post a few tips and my personal notes later. For a quick reference have a look at this great website:

http://patrickjmt.com/

Search for sketching and you will see basic to advance topics ;)

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!

I just want to know,regarding P1 of Maths-9709, that for sketching graphs for functions questions are done on graph paper or is it just a rough drawing?Eg..in Q;10 =>http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9709%20-%20Mathematics/9709_s04_qp_1.pdf

plz answer soon!

Oh! that one can be done just by sketching. :) No graph paper is required.

If you need help to solve it then I can help on it. I have just completed this chapter. Thank you. :)

Reaction score
Check the attachment. :) That can help you a little!

Attachments

• asdasd.png
    asdasd.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 88

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Cceer said:
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!

plz answer soon!

Oh! that one can be done just by sketching. :) No graph paper is required.

If you need help to solve it then I can help on it. I have just completed this chapter. Thank you. :)
Assalamoalaikum!!

ok thanks!!..btw we've just started today...yet to do that sketching part :) will do it soon InshaAllah! :)

Jazak Allah Khair

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought this was the sketches of trignometric functions and not the regular functions. As mentioned, you can do these by making a rough Y and X axis.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
Sorry, I thought this was the sketches of trignometric functions and not the regular functions. As mentioned, you can do these by making a rough Y and X axis.
:D no problem happens :cool: but u know when i asked my teacher she said that sketch means just a rough diagram...so i was like confused!! then today Cceer also said...so i thought may be u misunderstood :)

Reaction score
Well you will later learn Trignometric Functions in which you have to Sketch their graphs on a graph paper, so I thought you meant those. Even though you call them sketches yet you have to show certain values accurately to get the marks allotted to the sketches.

Even in these simple function sketches you have to be somewhat accurate to deduce the relationship, although there are no marks for these sketches. Simply make Y and X axis along-with a table with four or five values of Y and X which you get by entering different values of X into the given function resulting in a corresponding value of Y.

I hope you already know this and that you know what to do next :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well...we are finally done withthis chapter..and according to our teacher...this is jus done roughly!! :)