• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent help in history please?

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if im correct in this question?

Were the Round Table Conferences the most important attempt to reach a politcial agreement between 1919-1939? [14]

Will we include this:
-Govt of India act 1919
-Rowlat act 1919
-Simon commission 1927
-RTC 1930
-Govt of India act 1935?

Furthermore, is it true that in the question, if they give british reasons, then you should list british reasons only?

And another question

Can someone please give me a short answer or describe to me:
How the RTC's and Govt of India act 1935 helped in development in Pak Movement.

Looking forward to your answers please.
Thanks alot.

Reaction score
ok first question : no
cut out the rowlatt act rest is fine !!!
u only have to list british attemps !!!
nxt question the rtcs were supposed to benefit the cause of india but it did not...it did however recognize as muslim league bieng the speakers of muslims ... representation was allowed at provincial level that suited muslims and eventually pakistan ...nwfp and sindh were made provinces meaning that more say in the politics for muslims
govt of india act made it clear to the muslims tht a new homeland was now necessary and was the reason for the thrust in the pak movemnt... it reignited the passion of the muslims and provided as a basis for negotiations which resulted in british leaving india !!!
hpe it helped !!!

Reaction score
Thanks alot man, I was really looking forward to someone's advice.
Okay but wasn't Rowlatt Act an attempt to reach a politcial agreement? or it was an attempt to control the indians