• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent Help/Guidance needed!

Reaction score
Well,just got my A-levels result and it SUCKS.
D,E,E .

Now,I need at least 60% to apply to uni, does my O-levels result get added in this 60% ?
Please help me,I dont want to take a gap year :'(
I KNOW that I can do really well in the entry tests :/

Please please please someone guide me or give me hope.
I am in a horrible state of mind right now . . thankyou!

Reaction score
i really hate to say this but you do need atleast 60% EACH in matric (o lvls) and fsc (a lvls). :(

Reaction score
I was in a same state as yours an year ago.

The thread i made last year: http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/university-eligiblity.9111/

After i got the result i straight on went to the IBCC office and gave the certificates to get my A'levels equvilance made.
The equvilance they make is aggregate of Olevels and Alevels. My olevels equvilance was 79% and i ended with my Alevels equivlance at 73% (I know, i never expected this either). I was actually jumping in joy.

But i still had to take a gap year as i did not get admission in the universities i applied for. Over the past year i kept on giving SAT II to get a good score, started progamming classes in a nearby academy, cleared up most of my Alevels concepts which lead me to my bad grades, never really prepared for fsc for the universities entry test as i could not bear even a single page of the fsc book.

And after an years long wait, i ended up getting acceptance in FAST, NUST & COMSATS. Waiting list from GIKI though. (MashAllah)

So no need to be in a sad state right now, grades aren't everything that count. Even the best of men fall down.

Everything has a reason behind it and i'm sure Allah has something good planned for you, keep calm and keep on praying. :)

Reaction score
And as for your case, it really depends on your olevels equivlance.

Tell me your olevels grades and equvilance aswell and i'll give you an approximate equvilance for your Alevels. I'd think you can still make it.

Reaction score
I was in a same state as yours an year ago.

The thread i made last year: http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/university-eligiblity.9111/

After i got the result i straight on went to the IBCC office and gave the certificates to get my A'levels equvilance made.
The equvilance they make is aggregate of Olevels and Alevels. My olevels equvilance was 79% and i ended with my Alevels equivlance at 73% (I know, i never expected this either). I was actually jumping in joy.

But i still had to take a gap year as i did not get admission in the universities i applied for. Over the past year i kept on giving SAT II to get a good score, started progamming classes in a nearby academy, cleared up most of my Alevels concepts which lead me to my bad grades, never really prepared for fsc for the universities entry test as i could not bear even a single page of the fsc book.

And after an years long wait, i ended up getting acceptance in FAST, NUST & COMSATS. Waiting list from GIKI though. (MashAllah)

So no need to be in a sad state right now, grades aren't everything that count. Even the best of men fall down.

Everything has a reason behind it and i'm sure Allah has something good planned for you, keep calm and keep on praying. :)

Thank you for your reply! this made me feel so much better!! :')
I hope Allah fixes everything,and the O-level thing gives me hope!!

Reaction score
And as for your case, it really depends on your olevels equivlance.

Tell me your olevels grades and equvilance aswell and i'll give you an approximate equvilance for your Alevels. I'd think you can still make it.

709/900 marks
2 A's, 1 A* , 5 B's ( 3 of which were at 78%) - O levels . .

Thank you!

Reaction score
709/900 marks
2 A's, 1 A* , 5 B's ( 3 of which were at 78%) - O levels . .

Thank you!
Your equvilance will be easily above 65%, that i'm sure.

I'll calculate it tommorow since i'm running out of time right now but it's totally upto you now if you would like to repeat Alevels or not.

That would be your sole decision.

Reaction score
Your equvilance will be easily above 65%, that i'm sure.

I'll calculate it tommorow since i'm running out of time right now but it's totally upto you now if you would like to repeat Alevels or not.

That would be your sole decision.

Oh thank God,that means I am eligible to apply!!

Honestly appreciate your help so much :')
I dont know about retaking,what if I just retake one exam? My head is spinning with confusion.

Reaction score
Well,just got my A-levels result and it SUCKS.
D,E,E .

Now,I need at least 60% to apply to uni, does my O-levels result get added in this 60% ?
Please help me,I dont want to take a gap year :'(
I KNOW that I can do really well in the entry tests :/

Please please please someone guide me or give me hope.
I am in a horrible state of mind right now . . thankyou!
Your FSC equivalence will be 775 marks out of 1100. i.e 70% if you have 709/900 marks in Olevel.

Reaction score
Oh thank God,that means I am eligible to apply!!

Honestly appreciate your help so much :')
I dont know about retaking,what if I just retake one exam? My head is spinning with confusion.
Hmm.. retaking one exam seems fine too but do note that you would have to appear in the composite of any subject you think of retaking since you cannot carry-forward your May/June As-level grade since they have a validity of one year only, although if you reappeared in any of you As-level exams in Oct/Nov then you can carry forward them for the next session till this year Oct/Nov.

Hope you get my point and i'm glad i helped you out. :)