• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent Advice Needed... PLEASE...

Reaction score
Salams and Hey,

Okay, Insha Allah, i am maybe-most probably-i dont actually really know anymore (i've gotten very confused again) :( going to write A Level Arabic this Oct/Nov Session.

Before I choose it though, I wanna make sure that im not gonna feel like dropping out halfway through. i really cant afford to waste any more time, and i really cant afford to get a bad grade either.

In fact, ive just looked at the syllabus now, and it seems like i have to study texts and stuff?
Is the Arabic offered at A Level first language, second language, or foreign language?

So basically, what do you all think I should do? Do you think that Arabic is easy or not?
And to all of you who have written it - how long did you study for it, how did you find it, and what grade did you get(if u dont mind saying) ?
Bear in mind, that Arabic is not my first language.
Should i take Arabic, or should i just do geography again (its my only other option)?

Come on guys, I reaaaally need your help :cry:

Jazakumullah and Thanx in advance....

Reaction score
yeah I think it would be better if u do geography since u say dat u're doing it again, u must be familiar with most of it and all... & believe me neither type of Arabic is easy, especially if it's not ur language u knw unless if maybe u're taking the ministry type which I think is in some countries only, though I think it's easier than the cie one...

uh I think I might have confused u.. never mind unless u get it :p but in the end, it's ur on choice.. coz if u like & understand Arabic then taking the exam won't be a bad choice at all :)

Reaction score
yeah I think it would be better if u do geography since u say dat u're doing it again, u must be familiar with most of it and all... & believe me neither type of Arabic is easy, especially if it's not ur language u knw unless if maybe u're taking the ministry type which I think is in some countries only, though I think it's easier than the cie one...

uh I think I might have confused u.. never mind unless u get it :p but in the end, it's ur on choice.. coz if u like & understand Arabic then taking the exam won't be a bad choice at all :)

yeaaaaahhh....umm, i get it .... lol :D

i did geo before, but i didnt get a very good grade. Its a helluva lot of info that confuses and frustrates the heck outa me, and makes me put my head down on the book and scream.. or sleep :p

i like languages, and i can speak a bit of arabic, but the syllabus looks very tough - i mean, texts and all that?! i have about two months to study!!!

I guess I may just take Geo, since, like you said, i did it before...I dont know...

Jazakillah Khair though :D

Reaction score
oh thank goodness.. I thought I might have confused u enough to decide neither of the subjects :p

well yeah I understand, getting a gud grade is a lot of work.... & dats actually a good thing if u like languages, how abt if u spend lets say, a few days to decide whether u can do Arabic and whether u have it in u to do everything like the texts & all..... don't get me wrong, anyone can do anything they set their mind to but it also depends on the facts... Arabic's not dat easy but if u're comfortable with the syllabus (go over it completely & check) then go on ahead
.. otherwise yeah geography won't be bad, I think we all can fall asleep studying for some subject or the other :D & also take into consideration the amount of time u have....

well All the best with whichever decision u take... In sha Allah, u'll get a good grade :)

Reaction score
oh thank goodness.. I thought I might have confused u enough to decide neither of the subjects :p

well yeah I understand, getting a gud grade is a lot of work.... & dats actually a good thing if u like languages, how abt if u spend lets say, a few days to decide whether u can do Arabic and whether u have it in u to do everything like the texts & all..... don't get me wrong, anyone can do anything they set their mind to but it also depends on the facts... Arabic's not dat easy but if u're comfortable with the syllabus (go over it completely & check) then go on ahead
.. otherwise yeah geography won't be bad, I think we all can fall asleep studying for some subject or the other :D & also take into consideration the amount of time u have....

well All the best with whichever decision u take... In sha Allah, u'll get a good grade :)

Jazakillah khair for all the encouragemnt and stuff, and for confusing me more (jus kidding) :p

well, um, now that we are on the subject - and dont swear me - but what do you think of islamic st nd history...jus for the record....and like, maybe i choose it??? lol dont laugh, i swear im so frustrated by now, that its hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
yeah I knw sometimes it's just my job to confuse people up :p

well I wasn't really gonna laugh but ur last sentence just cracked me up :LOL: for one thing, it's okay to be frustrated sometimes, coz then u realize dat it's really funny how frustrated u are & then laugh at urself.. like u're doing now :D

hmm, Islamic std & history is one subject or are u talking abt the 2 separate ones??

Reaction score
yeah I knw sometimes it's just my job to confuse people up :p

well I wasn't really gonna laugh but ur last sentence just cracked me up :LOL: for one thing, it's okay to be frustrated sometimes, coz then u realize dat it's really funny how frustrated u are & then laugh at urself.. like u're doing now :D

hmm, Islamic std & history is one subject or are u talking abt the 2 separate ones??

well im glad im a source of amusement for u :rolleyes: :LOL:

Im talkin bout the two different subjects

Reaction score
well... don't push ur luck :p

umm, I think history would be a bit complicated if u haven't studied it from like 7th grade, u knw too much information & all, like geography.. & if u're thinking of giving it in November then it might be a tough choice...... though Islamic is something dat we've been studying since KG I think, I mean yes it'll be a lot detailed & everything but still probably easier than history & has usual stuff with more details..

but still think abt it.. if u've been doing history from before it won't be dat difficult :)

Reaction score

umm, I think history would be a bit complicated if u haven't studied it from like 7th grade, u knw too much information & all, like geography.. & if u're thinking of giving it in November then it might be a tough choice...... though Islamic is something dat we've been studying since KG I think, I mean yes it'll be a lot detailed & everything but still probably easier than history & has usual stuff with more details..

but still think abt it.. if u've been doing history from before it won't be dat difficult :)

ok then, i wont push it anymore :( i mean, honestly, youre being such a darling, you know, confusing me so much more and all that...

eh, i did do history till Grade 9, but you're right, it maybe a bit too much info

im really feelin like Islamic St, except that ive heard that the examiners mark pretty strictly, and that your answers gotta be like very accurate to the books...

Reaction score
oh no, I was just kidding around :D..... awww dats the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me, u knw in dat weirdly strange & accurate way :p

hmm, yeah I think dats true though I can't be perfectly sure since I didn't give the exam for Islamic but a lot of my friends did... & yeah they mostly were to-the-point in answering the questions, coz there are all these places nd names to remember & then decide which one was in which situation..
I think u should have a look at both the syllabuses & then decide which one would u be better off doing... as in which one u can be confident of while answering the questions, have a look at some papers too.. it'll help... :)

I've gtg now but i'll be back later for more questions of urs, if u have any :D

Reaction score

is there arabic second language in A level ??
u can say arabic is my native lanuage but still want 2nd language for a good grade :p

Reaction score
oh no, I was just kidding around :D..... awww dats the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me, u knw in dat weirdly strange & accurate way :p

hmm, yeah I think dats true though I can't be perfectly sure since I didn't give the exam for Islamic but a lot of my friends did... & yeah they mostly were to-the-point in answering the questions, coz there are all these places nd names to remember & then decide which one was in which situation..
I think u should have a look at both the syllabuses & then decide which one would u be better off doing... as in which one u can be confident of while answering the questions, have a look at some papers too.. it'll help... :)

I've gtg now but i'll be back later for more questions of urs, if u have any :D
lol i knew u were kidding...aw no way! i feel so nice now :D

thanx thats exactly wat im gna do..
dont celebrate now, youll hear from me if i wanna know sumthng, ill jus bug u again ;)

Reaction score
Reaction score
lol i knew u were kidding...aw no way! i feel so nice now :D

thanx thats exactly wat im gna do..
dont celebrate now, youll hear from me if i wanna know sumthng, ill jus bug u again ;)

oh really? so u're normally a not-so-nice person? :p

well, I hope I helped u instead of discouraging u for the other subjects... hahaah, nah not celebrating until u tell me the gud news of great results, In sha Allah :D
I hope u make the best possible choice for urself... All the best once again :)

oh yeah i'll be waiting.. ur bugging I can handle :p don't hesitate at all if u need anything :D

Reaction score
oh really? so u're normally a not-so-nice person? :p

well, I hope I helped u instead of discouraging u for the other subjects... hahaah, nah not celebrating until u tell me the gud news of great results, In sha Allah :D
I hope u make the best possible choice for urself... All the best once again :)

oh yeah i'll be waiting.. ur bugging I can handle :p don't hesitate at all if u need anything :D

uh uh.... how dare you imply somethng like that about me?! Go to the dictionary and look up the word nicestestest - the definiton is InDiviDuaLisT :cool:

Yeah, i also seriously hope i make the best choice, and i hope i make it fast, this is getting old now :unsure:

anyways, Jazakillah khair.... youve been of greatest help.... and Good Luck to you too.

Now turn around for a sec, so u dont see me fist pump - Yayy, i made a newwww friend :D:LOL: